What in the He!! is this world coming to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You just described my wife. I don't even get the offer of a tip. :laugh6:
However, if a door is held for her by someone else, they get a thank you!
Well heck, isn't that why God put men on earth anyway? To do vehicle maintenance, yard work and to act as a pack mule-and occasional doorman? Maybe that was doormat..I've go to go back and research that.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think everyone is thinking this is a new thing.. Selfishness / rudeness is NOT!

1991 I was in college working as a waiter for the Sunday rush. An old man had a heart attack and nobody but his wife appeared concerned at all. I saw what was going on and went over to help.

I got the man down on the ground where the I and another person in the restaurant willing to help could start CPR. We did this until EMS showed up. Minutes seemed like hours! Most of the people in the restaurant never skipped a beat and continued eating like nothing was going on at all. I'm talking about the people in the booths on either side!! Almost like I was the weirdo for even getting involved.

Almost the exact same thing happened at the farmers market on Perkins in Stillwater 2 years ago. Maybe people just don't know what to do so they ignore.. IDK

BTW... What people have said and often taken flack for on the radio about the Sunday crowd being the absolute rudest and tipping the least is 100% true! That's rude too!

My family eats at the local café here in Sand Springs after church on Sundays and I make darn sure our waitress gets a respectable tip.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
At sit down restaurants I always tip a minimum of $5 for two people. I usually tip 15 to 20% of the bill (before tax is added).

I read once where Bill O'reiily said he was at a restaurant eating when the waiter walked by with a plate of onion rings. He noticed the plateful of rings and made a hand movement toward the plate as if to pinch one from it. The waiter smiled, made eye contact with Bill and continued on his way to his customer. A few minutes later the same waiter came back to Bill with a small plate of 5 onion rings setting it down on the table in front of Bill. Bill was so impressed he left a $100 tip.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do the world a favor and help a fellow human when they need it. Spend that extra 3 seconds to hold a door open for elderly or disabled. Your life will be rewarded by doing so because you will have self respect.

Pretty much sums it up..
Extra points if you do it without expecting a Thank You, or ANYTHING in return (or even points I guess). :thumbup3:

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Wife was outside some kind of Outlet Store in Miramar, FL (which is just East of Destin). She observed a woman pushing a Baby Stroller towards the Outlet.

The woman looked young and was wearing one of those enormous, dark colored, pup tent sized, Arabic Clown Costumes where only her eyes showed through a little ‘gunport’ like on an Armored Car.

The woman took advantage of my Wife’s malicious gesture of courtesy and glared at her hatefully as retribution for her outrageous impertinence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom