What is a fair price for assembling an AR-15 complete lower receiver (labor only)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just looking for a ballpark on the labor only to assemble an AR-15 complete lower. This would be just for labor only. The stripped lower, LPK, pistol grip, buffer tube assembly, and buttstock would all be provided for assembly.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
it's way too simple to charge.

you don't really need a vise for just a lower, but it does help. some lowers are even easier like aero's and whatnot because they thread some holes and use screws instead of roll pins.

the biggest thing is a good set of roll pin punches. that's pretty much all you need to make it incredibly simple.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's way too simple to charge.

you don't really need a vise for just a lower, but it does help. some lowers are even easier like aero's and whatnot because they thread some holes and use screws instead of roll pins.

the biggest thing is a good set of roll pin punches. that's pretty much all you need to make it incredibly simple.

Even easier with a 1/4” x 2” clevis pin! The forward take-down pin detent can be a bear to install if you have fumbly fingers like I do, and was the reason why I had “oops” kits before I got the clevis pin.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A quick google search reveals that it could cost $25-125 depending on how well all the parts fit together.
$25-$125 is one hell of a wide price range for the same exact service. Parts fitment is really that much of an issue? Because most LPKs claim that they‘re compatible with all mil-spec stripped lowers. Are there typically more fitment problems when using billet stripped lowers for a build?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For someone experienced in doing this it should take only 15 to 20 mins or so. It's not complicated. Like others have said, reach out to someone here on the forum...I'm sure they'd be glad to help.

If you want to come to Ada I'll do it for you... But then you're back up to that $100+ price for fuel! :)