What is a rem 700 338 RUM worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are nice rifles but the only Ultra Mag caliber that seems to be sticking around is the .300 the rest of them pretty much died off. Does it have a nice scope and rings? If it doesn't I would probably be in the $650-$700 range on it at the most. Your not going to find ammo very easily and brass is expensive. Most everyone wants a .338 Lapua now days so that hurts the .338 RUM and .340 Weatherby rifle values. It's a good caliber, about perfect for elk but way to much for anything smaller.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the features. The early ones were Senderos and worth more than the typical BDL. Year of manufacture will matter to some too. I know there are some years of Remington's that you couldn't give me due to poor quality control. An AWR is cerakoted stainless steel in a grayboe stock. Retails for just under a grand. But, in general, they are hard to find if one wants it badly. I personally wouldn't pay it, but it's up to you what it's ultimately worth.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a guy offering me a rem 700 in 338 remington ultra mag worth? blued with decorative engraving bare rifle for 1k. Is this worth it?
Nothing if you can't get ammo or brass for it, a buddy of mine has a 300 RUM and hasn't seen any brass for it in a long while and when any place gets any ammo in (which is very pricey) it's gone faster than a fart in a hurricane!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing if you can't get ammo or brass for it, a buddy of mine has a 300 RUM and hasn't seen any brass for it in a long while and when any place gets any ammo in (which is very pricey) it's gone faster than a fart in a hurricane!
Have him keep an eye on cabelas. I’ve seen it there a few times

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seen a stainless Remington .338 RUM in a pawn shop in Norman a month or two ago and I could've bought for $600, it was tempting but I know the ammo situation especially for those type calibers and I just left it there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom