What is Oklahoma's self-defense law anyway?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love gun videos by Mr. Gun Blue 490 on YouTube since about 2013, but take his legal firearms stuff with a grain of salt. His comments are closed for his following video:

Self Defense Shooting & Arrest ~ You may be your worst enemy!​

Here are the comments related to that video that were placed by somebody in his latest Hunting with a Drone ~ Really? video posted just yesterday as follows:

Plumcrazy Preston

5 hours ago (edited)
I will make comments here regarding "Self Defense Shooting & Arrest ~ You may be your worst enemy!" since Mr. Blue has comments turned off there.

My recent online study has revealed that most American states now have some sort of "stand your ground" law on the books. Even most of those few "duty to retreat states" still allow "stand your ground" in private homes. Humans sensing danger near may have to decide between fight or flight. There might come a point when one must prudently duke it out to the death if need be. If somebody is talking beligerantly toward me at a bar, then yes, it's smart to try to get out of there as quietly as possible. To avoid trouble, try to disengage and quietly vamoose if you can. Yes, lay off the salty talk whenever there is an unfriendly encounter. As far as practicing self-defense shooting at the range with silhoutte targets, it only seems logical to do so since the most likley threat to life and limb is a human. You don't practice cattle roping with bailing wire, dead-stick landings with a paper airplane or piano with a harmonica. If your self-defense handgun course uses silhouette targets for training, I would not sweat it. In the army, I qualified with my rifle using silhouette pop-up targets at the range. Most indoor shooting ranges offer silhouette targets anyway when you rent a gun for a shooting session there. As far as lawsuits go, I support tort reform that relieves an armed defender of all civil liability for justifiably shooting a perp. Anybody who commits a crime or breaks the law and gets hurt as a consequence brings it all upon himself. It's your own damned fault if you get shot while robbing another's castle.

Last edited:

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PS - Being this is a conservative state, I highly doubt that one would get sued in a pro-gun state the likes of Sooner successfully for justifiably shooting a dangerous perp. The GOP hates sue-happiness.

$ure$h0t

This entire site is snowflakes
Reaction score
Obviously this individual hasn't been to Oklahoma..

We have the stand your ground law and the castle doctrine..

Which states.. Oklahoma’s Stand Your Ground law states that “A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony

Latest posts

Top Bottom