What is the deal with 300 Blackout Price & Scarcity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it was the most popular cartridge for the AR platform after 223/556...maybe im wrong though. Really versatile round, easy to convert the gun to, etc...

I just sold my upper to a buddy today, also sold my 6.5 grendel upper today to a forum member. Feels good clearing 2 calibers off my shelves. If I had suppressors i would probably have kept it, but i dont so peace out.

To me it’s the best caliber for a suppressed HD/Vehicle pistol/SBR running supers out of a sub 10” barrel. Beyond that I think there are other choices that are better.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built a 300 Whisper AR about 20 years ago. SSK Industries was the only place then that sold complete rifles. I jumped on the bandwagon long before the 300 Blackout came out. My rifle is set up for subsonics only . I use a AAC Cyclone with it.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They don't mfg/import that much cause most 300blkout shooters reload.

If your seeing lots of 350 legend, Stock up now! pick up a cheap upper later on.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bro, you are telling me, I just got a 300blkout upper as a potential suppressor host. I just bit the bullet and got set up to reload it, even then it’s still pricey. I had no idea.
Shootersproshop has had some good discounts lately on 220gr hpbt and 110gr varmageddons

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shootersproshop has had some good discounts lately on 220gr hpbt and 110gr varmageddons

IMG_7968.jpg

How many reloads would one get out of these? I’ve got reloading gear on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly put in an order direct thru top brass, its all converted lake city and should be cheaper. It took 3 weeks when I ordered mine. Can't speak for noslers blkout brass, but their 6.8 brass is soft and primer pockets loosened after 3 loads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom