What is the right balance between Rehabilitation/Reformation vs Stopping Violent Predatory Criminals from Reoffending?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonKnife

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone, I want your opinions and understanding on this. How can America and a society/nation in general make sure that there is room for redemption and "second chances" for people whom have committed crimes, vs preventing "recividism" or people taking advantage of offers of second chances to reoffend and attack others? As you all see, the radical Democrat Communists have been going overboard with allowing violent and predatory criminals all over the USA and elsewhere to be freed and have no bail.

The way I see it, there are three levels of criminality or offences:

1 Violent Predatory Victimization: This includes all horrific acts such as murder of all forms, as well as manslaughter, rape and molestation, armed robbery and mugging, kidnapping, serial murderers and sexual offences as already stated. In some of these the answer is lawful execution/capital punishment, after the alleged suspect gets the judicial due process and all available evidence is secured in their conviction. Human trafficking and slavery is also included in this.

2 Non Violent Crimes: This category will include all crimes that are real crimes but in which violence was not applied. Example: People committing fraud and embezzelment and non violent theft and the rest. I believe there is room for rehabilitation and reformation here but the criminals must pay back and restitute those they harmed and stole from.

3 Victimless Actions: I do not consider this category to be true criminal offences but there needs to be some moral control. Example: You (Adults, 21 years and older, whom are not being coerced ) should have a legal right to consume whatever substances you want to (alcohol, drugs, etc) but on the other hand you are not to be a liability to society or harm others. However, we have to stop addicts from destroying society. I also include all non violent weapons issues in this. You have a Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms but not to abuse it to harm others. Noone should be arrested or fined for owning guns, knives, swords, and other tools and weapons. I also believe in Moral Decency laws. People should not be allowed to walk around naked which is abusive to children, and, people should not be allowed to smoke and drink cigarettes, marijuana, alcohol, etc in public where it can negatively effect others. If you are not harming others and not negatively effecting others and you want to do that in the privacy of your own home, that is between you and God. But do not have it negatively effect other people. I am opposed to Prostitution/Whore Mongery, because this opens the door to human trafficking and pimping which should be fully punished. Some people think that a person in their right mind should be allowed to commit suicide if they feel that it is a liability to their feeling of peace and security for them to continue living. I believe suicide is wrong and harmful to the person doing it and to others but should be treated as a mental health issue and not a criminal offence.

What are your thoughts on all of this?

Gypsy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Privacy in your own home is a meme now considering the outrageous cost of owning one and rules of apartment living. So the only people that can smoke cigarettes are lawyers and MIT graduates? I can't fault my generation and younger ones for staying inside and playing videogames until they die given these laws people come up with everyday for stuff that only mildly infuriates.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone, I want your opinions and understanding on this. How can America and a society/nation in general make sure that there is room for redemption and "second chances" for people whom have committed crimes, vs preventing "recividism" or people taking advantage of offers of second chances to reoffend and attack others? As you all see, the radical Democrat Communists have been going overboard with allowing violent and predatory criminals all over the USA and elsewhere to be freed and have no bail.

1 Violent Predatory Victimization: This includes all horrific acts such as murder of all forms, as well as manslaughter, rape and molestation, armed robbery and mugging, kidnapping, serial murderers and sexual offences as already stated. In some of these the answer is lawful execution/capital punishment, after the alleged suspect gets the judicial due process and all available evidence is secured in their conviction. Human trafficking and slavery is also included in this. No bail prior to trial, period. This group needs to be forever removed from society. No exceptions, as much as that sounds impractical, history has proven over and over that the vast majority repeat and repeat. I'm not picky about what removal from society would entail, just as long as they don't have access to the public, if that means no longer on this Earth then so be it.

2 Non Violent Crimes: This category will include all crimes that are real crimes but in which violence was not applied. Example: People committing fraud and embezzelment and non violent theft and the rest. I believe there is room for rehabilitation and reformation here but the criminals must pay back and restitute those they harmed and stole from. This group would benefit from serving time, but not in a "vacation style" prison stay. 1-2y max in a hard labor prison. These folks offend because of a combination of laziness and intelligence. If the IRS has the ability to garnish wages until the debt is paid, our criminal system should have the same ability to do so here as well until the debt is paid back.

3 Victimless Actions: I do not consider this category to be true criminal offences but there needs to be some moral control. Example: You (Adults, 21 years and older, whom are not being coerced ) should have a legal right to consume whatever substances you want to (alcohol, drugs, etc) but on the other hand you are not to be a liability to society or harm others. However, we have to stop addicts from destroying society. I also include all non violent weapons issues in this. You have a Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms but not to abuse it to harm others. Noone should be arrested or fined for owning guns, knives, swords, and other tools and weapons. I also believe in Moral Decency laws. People should not be allowed to walk around naked which is abusive to children, and, people should not be allowed to smoke and drink cigarettes, marijuana, alcohol, etc in public where it can negatively effect others. If you are not harming others and not negatively effecting others and you want to do that in the privacy of your own home, that is between you and God. But do not have it negatively effect other people. I am opposed to Prostitution/Whore Mongery, because this opens the door to human trafficking and pimping which should be fully punished. Some people think that a person in their right mind should be allowed to commit suicide if they feel that it is a liability to their feeling of peace and security for them to continue living. I believe suicide is wrong and harmful to the person doing it and to others but should be treated as a mental health issue and not a criminal offence. This is a tough group, probably the toughest one to deal with because of the sheer numbers. First place to start is with drugs.....we don't enforce the laws we currently have, from the border to the streets, it's not a priority to the POTUS and liberal DAs across the nation, and drug use simply leads to more crime. This will be the hardest group to change as it's the largest group, and it's also the most important group because this group eventually becomes (not always but nearly always) becomes the other two groups above. No bail for folks charged with distribution of drugs and they get moved to the group above and included with the violent predators........and gone from society forever. They contribute to the destruction of our society 100,000x more than any serial killer ever would imo.

Reply in yellow above.

Gypsy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's make a deal? Instant death for pedophiles in exchange for getting rid of apc laws. Maybe not instant cup of noodles death, but slow Oklahoma style way of dealing with pedos. I would like to see how you guys do it.

Drunks stay off the road, more honest taxes collected for more funding of things, while pedophiles get absolutely destroyed in ways I have never dreamed of, and less taxes spent on them.

Also, can I put a bounty on someone to get them found and turned in, here?

Last edited:

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

1 Violent Predatory Victimization: This includes all horrific acts such as murder of all forms, as well as manslaughter, rape and molestation, armed robbery and mugging, kidnapping, serial murderers and sexual offences as already stated. In some of these the answer is lawful execution/capital punishment, after the alleged suspect gets the judicial due process and all available evidence is secured in their conviction. Human trafficking and slavery is also included in this.

2 Non Violent Crimes: This category will include all crimes that are real crimes but in which violence was not applied. Example: People committing fraud and embezzelment and non violent theft and the rest. I believe there is room for rehabilitation and reformation here but the criminals must pay back and restitute those they harmed and stole from.

3 Victimless Actions: I do not consider this category to be true criminal offences but there needs to be some moral control. Example: You (Adults, 21 years and older, whom are not being coerced ) should have a legal right to consume whatever substances you want to (alcohol, drugs, etc) but on the other hand you are not to be a liability to society or harm others. However, we have to stop addicts from destroying society. I also include all non violent weapons issues in this. You have a Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms but not to abuse it to harm others. Noone should be arrested or fined for owning guns, knives, swords, and other tools and weapons. I also believe in Moral Decency laws. People should not be allowed to walk around naked which is abusive to children, and, people should not be allowed to smoke and drink cigarettes, marijuana, alcohol, etc in public where it can negatively effect others. If you are not harming others and not negatively effecting others and you want to do that in the privacy of your own home, that is between you and God. But do not have it negatively effect other people. I am opposed to Prostitution/Whore Mongery, because this opens the door to human trafficking and pimping which should be fully punished. Some people think that a person in their right mind should be allowed to commit suicide if they feel that it is a liability to their feeling of peace and security for them to continue living. I believe suicide is wrong and harmful to the person doing it and to others but should be treated as a mental health issue and not a criminal offence.

#1. Execution is the only sure way. People who commit these crimes are irredeemable.

#2. Forced labor in a penal colony until their debt to the victims and the state is complete. Perps must learn an honest way to make a living prior to release. Repeat as necessary. No free lunch.

#3a. ANY burden a person places upon society or another individual as a result of their indulgence qualifies them for a stint in an above mentioned penal colony or execution depending on the level of the adverse consequences of their chosen actions.

#3b. Mentally defective people who cannot function in society should be institutionalized.

Call it harsh, call it cruel, call it merely insensitive. That which made these people be who they are or what they did is not my fault.

Woody

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think redoing the curriculum in Law School would be a good start.

I have good friends that are lawyers but sleazy lawyers are worse than most modern day criminals and they still sleep at night.

Every challenge to a law enacted for the safety of the majority is penned by a graduate of a law school if it gets very far. We need lawyers but we need something to hold them accountable when they become reckless with their earnings.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think redoing the curriculum in Law School would be a good start.

I have good friends that are lawyers but sleazy lawyers are worse than most modern day criminals and they still sleep at night.

Every challenge to a law enacted for the safety of the majority is penned by a graduate of a law school if it gets very far. We need lawyers but we need something to hold them accountable when they become reckless with their earnings.

Maybe we should ban lawyers from serving in any legislative or executive position in governance.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom