What is the right balance between Rehabilitation/Reformation vs Stopping Violent Predatory Criminals from Reoffending?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know, that’s a pretty hard line to draw. I think Judges need more scrutiny and appeal processes analyzed before we put a blanket ban on serving our country.

What I consider shady and slimy is not the same as others but if a lawyer has a track record of only defending and/or prosecuting high dollar/fame folks there needs to be something that brings them back to the middle ground of America. This is an impossible task and I know it’s never going to happen but I would imagine the people that dreamed of our constitution never imagined you could practice law and be successful at it with morals and ethics that some of them put on display.

Once again, just my thoughts and I can’t imagine this ship ever being righted at this point but maybe one day there will be a conscious again for all of us.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nonviolent offenders should get a chance at reform. Violent offenders should serve their full sentence, no parole. I bet that helps a lot. Oh and I think drug dealers are violent offenders. They knowingly kill more people that all mass murderers combined.

YukonKnife

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The root problem is lack of self-control.
I agree totally. Very good point, sir. Here is a perfect example for you: Guns and knives, hammers and axes are merely tools that people have made for various uses. If someone has adequate self-control and respect for themselves and others, they will not abuse these tools. However, in the hands of one who does not have such self-control and respect/care for others, they are abused.

YukonKnife

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nonviolent offenders should get a chance at reform. Violent offenders should serve their full sentence, no parole. I bet that helps a lot. Oh and I think drug dealers are violent offenders. They knowingly kill more people that all mass murderers combined.
Yes, very good points. Why do so many "Liberals" (I know the term has been overused and twisted around so much) go out of their way to defend these dangerous criminals and predatory violent persons, trying to say take responsibility away from them for their actions, and yet the same liberals do not protect the victims of crime? It fits some deeper agenda?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, very good points. Why do so many "Liberals" (I know the term has been overused and twisted around so much) go out of their way to defend these dangerous criminals and predatory violent persons, trying to say take responsibility away from them for their actions, and yet the same liberals do not protect the victims of crime? It fits some deeper agenda?
Yup.

Woody

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe we should do away with the tv’s and air conditioned cells for all of them. I also believe we should bring back the prison farm’s for the violent offenders.

Years ago my secretary sent most of her paycheck to her husband that was doing time at a federal minimum security facility. She made some sacrifices so he could buy things at the commissary. Found out he was getting passes to play in a band making more than she did.
I also believe that if you commit a crime against society that you forfeit your rights in society.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
the violent crime rate of white america matches that of the least violent nations in the world; namely those that are still overwhelming majority white.

it's not a crime problem. ya'll will believe me one day, one way or another.

Latest posts

Top Bottom