What is the "Santa Fe, NM" equivalent in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My art teacher was a regular contributor and exhibitor in Santa Fe. He said it really died in the 80's and 90's and early 2000's. No one had disposable income and it really never resumed.

Rick Terhune

Hawkeye68
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This must be a rhetorical question? Last time I was in Santa Fe was November 21. It was a red bastion of political correctnes, compulsive face diaper wearers and overpriced everything for what you got. People were very arrogant and had the attitude you will pay more, get less, and like it. Hotel was $300 per day, the hot water went out for a day and they just acted like it was just part of the wonderfulness of Santa Fe. No thanks.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This must be a rhetorical question? Last time I was in Santa Fe was November 21. It was a red bastion of political correctnes, compulsive face diaper wearers and overpriced everything for what you got. People were very arrogant and had the attitude you will pay more, get less, and like it. Hotel was $300 per day, the hot water went out for a day and they just acted like it was just part of the wonderfulness of Santa Fe. No thanks.

Not rhetorical at all. Life is short and choosing to hunker down in a doomsday bunker in MAGA Country might be a solid plan for a lot of folks here, but it also means you might miss out on seeing a lot of unique and beautiful things that life has to offer.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Altus OK, the cultural center of the universe.
I had a job to do down on the Airbase, tried to hire 3 people locally to help get the labor done........ What a freaking fiasco, this was well before the plandemic and getting 3 people there that would work, show up, not get arrested trying to get on post, and actually have any ability to follow simple instructions never happened. I have worked all over the U.S and never had such an issue finding help. I ended up bringing folks from the city and housing them to do the job. Only thing that saved me was on post support housing maintenance told us to bid the job with housing in the bid. I thought he was nuts....... Boy was I wrong.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Paseo district area in OKC is growing out like crazy, if you look in the area all the houses are being bought up and renovated. Starting to look pretty nice down there compared to the 90's

Latest posts

Top Bottom