What is your best concealed carry holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

av8r115

I'm betting I'm not the only guy who has this problem, so I'm going to ask the question: Any tips on cc holsters for fat guys? My belt is in constant battle w/ the forces of gravity, and hanging a 38oz Glock on it just seems like asking for trouble. I'm making progress on reducing the offending insulation, but in the meantime has anyone else found a solution to this "weighty" issue?

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I am reasonably slim, at least in my eyes, except around the mid section with a beer belly and no hips or butt to hang things on (like a belt). I have been trying to find a IWB holster that will work in my jeans and T-shirt also and it just does not work for me. With small hip bones, the belt has to be too tight and my overhanging areas bite into the upper hammer area with a big lump showing. The only thing I have not tried is suspenders and baggy pants which is not really my style. In reality what I have resigned myself to is the factory (Sig P238) pocket holster with the big square patch on the outside to not print the outline of the gun in my right front pocket and put my car keys in my right back pocket. This works well until I sit down, but I work around it. I doubt if open carry passes. By law, I have to consider concealed means they can't see my gun, just the outside of the holster in my pocket it is in, like women looking at my pants, they suspect something is in there, they just can't see it. Right?

A

av8r115

I'm betting I'm not the only guy who has this problem, so I'm going to ask the question: Any tips on cc holsters for fat guys? My belt is in constant battle w/ the forces of gravity, and hanging a 38oz Glock on it just seems like asking for trouble. I'm making progress on reducing the offending insulation, but in the meantime has anyone else found a solution to this "weighty" issue?
What I've been doing until I get the fat off is using a fanny pack from GunGear.com (I highly recomend them if you're interested in a fanny pack). I don't actually wear the fanny pack unless I'm walking at the park or on the treadmill at the apartment complex, but I carry it with me everywhere it's legal to CC. Only a LEO is going to know its a gun bag... to anyone else it just looks like a big fanny pack. The problem is that it takes a while to get the gun into action when I'm wearing it, and even longer when I'm not. I may just have to break down and start wearing suspenders... :giveup:

A

av8r115

the factory (Sig P238) pocket holster with the big square patch on the outside to not print the outline of the gun in my right front pocket
When I first got my CCL I was focused on getting something small. I tried a Glock 23 and it was too small for my hand... after that I can't see myself hitting anything smaller than a barn w/ a gun small enough to fit in my pocket. LOL!

A

av8r115

Solved this problem w/ a Looper reinforced belt and Looper slide holster, plus continuing to de-insulate. My G21 stays put on my waist.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang... just bought my first SuperTuck from Crossbreed. I've read all the reviews, but man... almost $100 bill there. I love my new Commander-length 1911, but without a comfortable IWB for it (already have 4, I think), it's just rough to wear. I put on my SuperTuck knockoff with my Taurus and remembered how much more comfortable it was. So... here I am... $100 poorer. lol

F

fredkrueger

I have a galco quick slide holster, a master of concealment belly band, and a blackhawk serpa holster. The best is the blackhawk. It has a locking mechanism that holds my glock 19 very securely. It is also very comfortable. I can wear it as a paddle or loop it through my belt. But I cannot wear it hardly because my gun sticks out too far. I love the galco quick slide very much. It is very well made and looks very nice. It holds my gun very well too but is hard to draw. It is not broken in all the way yet so it will get easier with time I am sure. I just ordered a belt from bullhide belts and hopefully that will put an end to my gun sagging and feeling uncomfortable. I am sure if the belt works as well as people say it will then the galco will be my favorite. Lastly is my bellyband. It holds my gun very well and I can wear it IWB or OWB. It also allows me to wear it with gym shorts. It holds it extremely close to my body but kinda sucks after a while because of being so tight against my stomach. But overall I love all three of them. Does or has anyone tried the Galco quick slide holster I mentioned? I would like to know which position you wear it in. Also have you had trouble concealing it under a shirt?

Rugerlab45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Milt Sparks VM2. I regularly hide full size 1911's, and N Frames under T Shirts with them. Comfortable as IWB gets. I'll grant though that I'm a bigger guy. A long torso, and bigger shoulders than belly makes a big difference.... Trust me, I've done it both ways, lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom