What is your favorite snuff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone try Stoker's? Good stuff - this snuff!
CF2CD726-D9F9-4158-ACF7-A985785E7B28.jpeg

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before it got so expensive, I was a Skoal man. Then the passion became cost prohibitive and I transitioned to a cheap, but reasonably priced brand called "Kayak". I felt that it was comparable to Skoal and at a fraction of the price. But a few months ago I tried a brand I'd never heard of, "Stoker's". It costs more than Kayak, but less than Skoal, and in my opinion it is superior.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in my dippin' days (I quit in 1990) about all we had was Cope and a few different minty versions of Skoal. Hawken was there for the kids.

I started dipping/chewing when I was about 13-14 (1981-82) when a 22 year old guy I looked up to offered me a chew of Work Horse. I got sicker than a couple of dogs, but he said to keep on and you'll get used to it.

Fast forward to 1990...Halloween night, to be precise. By now I'm an experienced tobacco user and had just over one year of police work under me belt. I just started my shift (1900-0300) and picked up a new box of Cope, ready for a busy night.

I always said if it got to $2 a pack/can, that I would quit. I paid $2.03 for that box of snuff, worked my shift, took my last dip at the end of my night, while doing paperwork and haven't touched it since.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cope long cut for me. Occasionally skoal citrus when it gets real hot and I have to mow. Keep it in the fridge, goes real well with cold beer. Tried that bulk brand once, where you get a pound tub of it and an empty can to pack, but I'd keep pulling inch long strips out of my teeth.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a LONG time, like 25 years plus since I dipped (I'm 37). I was in pee wee little league and all us kids got our hands on the stuff some how. I really liked skoal original, wintergreen, and cherry. Hated spearmint, and cope was generally to much for us young tikes. I shiver to think of the stuff now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom