What kind of stuff to practice at the range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I go to the range it's mostly to keep myself used to how firing my carry guns feels and to make sure everything is still working, but I don't really know what else to practice. I once saw a guy from the Stillwater PD do a Walk N' Shoot with a reload which was pretty bad ass, which I've tried doing, but other than that I've not done much aside from falling onto the ground to practice shooting from my ankle snubbie.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be excellent stickies in this thread. WTF happened to them and can we get them back??

olyeller's or whatever she calls herself now is the one im thinking of. That would answer your questions for the most part

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still believe the best thing you can do is become totally familiar with the handling/loading and firing of your weapon.

No training program in existence can cover every possible scenario. But when using your weapon becomes second nature, you can more easily improvise for any situation that may arise.

Just my :twocents: ...

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There used to be excellent stickies in this thread. WTF happened to them and can we get them back??

olyeller's or whatever she calls herself now is the one im thinking of. That would answer your questions for the most part

Olyeller doesn't visit here very often anymore. I think he got fed up with a bunch of the BS on here.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First step. Go get Training. there are a lot of really good options now.. Ok pistol skills, and my classes at BDC gun room are local then TDSA or USSA in Tulsa.

That way you can practice the right things.. and not develop bad habits. trust me on this. Then as you keep training you'll have a much better idea on what you need to work on.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Been watching some Rob Pincus stuff on YouTube and it seems pretty sweet. Gonna have to get a training buddy or something, but who has the time nowadays?
9 out of 10 fat kids in their moms basement agree; YouTube is the place to get trainification.

Predator is 100% correct. You either seek out training in person, or it will be marketed to you and the marketed crap is vastly inferior (and more expensive in the long run)

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had training and found it very valuable. Right now, I practice draw and fire on 8" steel plates, and then I do it while running, walking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom