What kind of tree is this??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10 feet high, no thorns, leathery leaves.
Is this some kind of olive tree?
I have 11 acres unkempt sandy.
Was black jack forest, someone improved by total destruction.
I am nursing it back to native what it should be.
So much sand, rose rocks but not the fancy ones.
That’s a common persimmon. I have 12 or so on our property.
To back it up, ran it through a plant ID app that had been 100% correct for a couple years.
D1146B34-6E96-4DB2-B268-8952A59113CA.png

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like those persimmons are just about right for slicing and adding to salad. Pick a few of the big ones, and cut the pit out. The fruit is kind of hard this time of year, but slice it up thin and serve on top of some Romaine lettuce and fresh tomatoes. You'll be amazed!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Collect some nice leafs, dry them on low heat in the over, makes a pretty decent tea that is high in Vitamin C.

They are also a good tree to have around for health and other reasons. Lots of vitamins and can be made into a lot of things like jellies, pudding, etc. I made persimmon pies years ago. Kind of like a custard pie. Only problem is the wild persimmons have a lot of seeds.

For the prepper, Persimmons have a lot of tannin for curing hides.

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Collect some nice leafs, dry them on low heat in the over, makes a pretty decent tea that is high in Vitamin C.

They are also a good tree to have around for health and other reasons. Lots of vitamins and can be made into a lot of things like jellies, pudding, etc. I made persimmon pies years ago. Kind of like a custard pie. Only problem is the wild persimmons have a lot of seeds.

For the prepper, Persimmons have a lot of tannin for curing hides.
Don't persimmons have 1 seed per fruit?

Latest posts

Top Bottom