What made this hole(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After putting the spare on, when I started looking at the tire/wheel, I couldn’t believe what I was looking at.
It looks like a .223 or maybe a 25.06 or a .270.
It almost had to be a high velocity, small caliber, considering it went through the tire, and then the wheel.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
45 mph eastbound on Memorial road from Rockwell to MacArthur. My daughter on her way to church this morning at about 9:45am.
That’s pretty scary. We go to Faith Church and also live in Piedmont, we would have been in the approximate area around that time if we didn’t go to service last night. I hope your daughter wasn’t too shaken up!

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s pretty scary. We go to Faith Church and also live in Piedmont, we would have been in the approximate area around that time if we didn’t go to service last night. I hope your daughter wasn’t too shaken up!
I can’t prove it is a bullet hole. That’s why I posted this and asked the question.
She said she heard a popping noise and then a noise like metal rolling around in the tire then the sensors went off and said she had 0lbs of pressure in her right rear tire. She said she did not hear a gunshot.(she does know what that sounds like) she pulled into the Valero/7-11 that is now at the sw corner of MacArthur and Memorial and called me. I was already at church at a blood drive.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since the rim is ruined, go test a couple rounds in it and see if they look like similar holes. At least it may help determine if it was a bullet or not.
I am going to see if a welder friend of mine might be able to fill the hole, or maybe try to thread the hole and put a bolt in it with silicone and see if I can get it to hold air. I’m not sure at this point… If I can’t fix it, I will definitely see if I can duplicate the hole.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My man, I'm fairly sure you've taped enough targets to know what did that. :comfort:

I'd be calling and reporting it. I say this because I myself seen a .270 shoot a 130 grain Speer spitzer boat tail right through 3/4" steel plate at 50 yards and my buddy's 7mm Mag did it at 75 with a 140. The jackets stuck on the front but the lead core went right on through. Granted it was A36 mild, low carbon plate left over from a job at work, but we were both pretty wide eyed over it.

Aluminum? Most any centerfire rifle would do that like it wasn't even there man...

Latest posts

Top Bottom