What made this hole(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So finally here is the inside/other side of the rim. This is the side that was covered by the tire.
It has external edges and looks like an exit hole, to me… both side have the external edges.

That is an exit hole. But where on that stretch of Memorial would someone be shooting from? Was this on the drivers side or passengers side of the vehicle? Not a lot of traffic at that time on a Sunday on Memorial.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
45 mph eastbound on Memorial road from Rockwell to MacArthur.
My daughter on her way to church Sunday morning at about 9:45am.
Passenger side rear wheel. If this is the exit hole, the bullet had to enter from the inside of the wheel, where the brakes are…
I can’t logically make sense of what I’m seeing…

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is an exit hole. But where on that stretch of Memorial would someone be shooting from? Was this on the drivers side or passengers side of the vehicle? Not a lot of traffic at that time on a Sunday on Memorial.
She said the noise started about 200 yards east of Rockwell.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
45 mph eastbound on Memorial road from Rockwell to MacArthur.
My daughter on her way to church Sunday morning at about 9:45am.
Passenger side rear wheel. If this is the exit hole, the bullet had to enter from the inside of the wheel, where the brakes are…
I can’t logically make sense of what I’m seeing…

It doesn’t make sense at all.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are businesses in OKC that repair aluminum rims. Google is your friend.
Down on SE 29th. There is a Mexican shop just to the west of I-35 on the north side that fixed my aluminum rims that I had run on when I got a flat. The rims were flattened and curbed when it hit the curb. They were fixed good as new even painted them correctly and I ran the rim on the van until I traded it off a few years later.

Carrillo Tires & Wheels

Last edited:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
So finally here is the inside/other side of the rim. This is the side that was covered by the tire.
It has external edges and looks like an exit hole, to me… both side have the external edges.
Looks like it was shot as it was passing...projo hit the rim and exited from the tire as it was to the front or back. Your first pic looks like an entry (outside) and your second looks like maybe an exit (inside the rim) and the tire pic is an exit - or exactly Vice Versa. You might still have the bullet hanging out somewhere in the fender well of the car. What do the 5-O say?

Last edited:

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like it was shot as it was passing...projo hit the rim and exited from the tire as it was to the front or back. Your first pic looks like an entry (outside) and your second looks like maybe an exit (inside the rim) and the tire pic is an exit - or exactly Vice Versa. You might still have the bullet hanging out somewhere in the fender well of the car. What do the 5-O say?
The major that took the report said the investigator(s) would contact us. He said it looked like a bullet hole, when the tire was still mounted. There’s no damage in the fender well, no holes or even scratches in the dirt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom