What Pistol For A SHTF Situation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Of These Pistols Would You Choose For A SHTF Pistol

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Based on the specific types listed, I'm guessing those are items you currently possess?

I'm going with Beretta 92 off that list. I don't have one, but if the S really has HTF, then mags and parts should be easier to find as it is the current (even if on its way out) .mil sidearm.

Last edited:

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on the specific types listed, I'm guessing those are items you currently possess?

I'm going with Beretta 92 off that list. I don't have one, but if the S really has HTF, then mags and parts should be easier to find as it is the current (even if on it's way out) .mil sidearm.
You are correct, that is a few of the ones I possess.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1911. 45 ACP can be used for defense and hunting to put food on the table. 9mm can do the same in a pinch, but .45 cuts a bigger hole on contact. Lots of 1911 parts out there as well. Not as much for the Sigs or the Berettas.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason Glocks were left out of choices is that not everyone owns a glock, I have glocks and a number of different manufacturers pistols but was wanting to see if any of the choices given would be viable options.
And apparently there are.
Before Glocks there were other reliable pistols and still are.
I own Sigs, Wilson Combat, Beretta and as well as others and they have been 100% reliable and they are not a Glock.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom