What popular gun do you not understand the appeal of?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barn Dog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocks, I've owned a bunch of them and they always end up the first ones I get rid of. I've pissed away a lot of money trying to like Glock. Sigs are just Meh! The only gun I get excited about shooting is the first 1911 I bought. Everything thing else just gets treated like my shop tools. They are there for a purpose but no emotional attachment whatsoever>

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't get anything Sig myself, and I admit i have a real hatred for Sig after the way the they F***ed their costumers over with the 556 rifle. But then I hate Colt but cant dispute their guns are top notch. With Sig's pistols though, the appeal just isn't there for me
What did they do?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks, I've owned a bunch of them and they always end up the first ones I get rid of. I've pissed away a lot of money trying to like Glock. Sigs are just Meh! The only gun I get excited about shooting is the first 1911 I bought. Everything thing else just gets treated like my shop tools. They are there for a purpose but no emotional attachment whatsoever>

It seems a lot of people dislike Glocks while others are passionate about them. Even with my screen name, I find it difficult to be passionate about a blocky, unattractive, combat grate pistol like the Glock. They're utilitarian to the point of being pedestrian. They're the Toyota Camry of the defensive handgun world. That being said, on the whole they perform their intended role better than just about anything else ever made.

I can't get excited about a Glock, but it would be the first and last handgun I'd reach for in a pinch.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walther PPK or PPK/S in 380 or 32, and Colt snake guns.

I knew there was something wrong with you ever since mom left that dry cleaning bag in your crib for you to play with.

It seems a lot of people dislike Glocks while others are passionate about them. Even with my screen name, I find it difficult to be passionate about a blocky, unattractive, combat grate pistol like the Glock. They're utilitarian to the point of being pedestrian. They're the Toyota Camry of the defensive handgun world. That being said, on the whole they perform their intended role better than just about anything else ever made.

I can't get excited about a Glock, but it would be the first and last handgun I'd reach for in a pinch.

I don't get excited about a Glock either, but it's also the first and last handgun I'd reach for in a pinch.

I have owned a lot of different guns over the years. As far as an esthetically pleasing pistol, you just can't beat the overall sexy appeal of the Walther PP series pistols. I mean, who doesn't like them? Spectre? Dirty Commies? Other undesirables? That's about it. And as far as one that WILL go bang when I really want it to go bang, perhaps several times over, and not click, both my G43 or my G19 fill that requirement just fine, ugly-assness be damned.

What doesn't trip my trigger? Uglyass old MilSurps of about any flavor...like an old SKS.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Mosin, SKS, AK, Tok, Makarov pistols...1911's M-1 Carbines, M-1 Grand's Grease guns,... .pretty much any military surp. stuff......WW2... WW1... Korea....

I like the old Colts, Smith & Wesson's ....pre 1970's ...

I like my SIG's .....

I cannot figure out how to like Glocks,....never owned one, never will....I like the hammer on the pistols...Sorry guys.

I cannot stand AR's ...pew pew pew....someone brings one over to my range I have to get a Mosin out. ...BOOM BOOM BOOM !

The .."New" Smith's & Wesson models....seem cheaply made and toyish.

Very Expensive hunting rifles with scopes ....why ?...

Flavor of the month things,....10mm pistols, 40 cal. pistols...

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AR-15s. Designed to be quickly, easily, and cheaply manufactured from low-cost materials such as plastic and aluminum. Unattractive from every angle, and, thus, enormously popular.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Desert Eagles, The Pinnacle of Absurdity.

WtCtvLt.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom