What popular gun do you not understand the appeal of?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised to see so many not like the Glock.
Every time I talk about them sucking I get a lot of negative feedback.
And before everyone jumps on the bandwagon of "they're super reliable", sorry, they jam and malf quite a bit. Deny all you want, but I've seen it firsthand way too many times.

Funny, I've run well over 50k through the ones I've owned. Often shooting up to 1K between cleanings on the competition use guns. They've proven more reliable than anything else I've run.

Badger308

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Stroking another mans pistol... Well might as well be strokin another mans woman." (That's a young guns quote for all you millennias that didn't grow up watching westerns) I just think guns are cool. I got a subscription to gun world magazine when I was in 6th grade. I remember the issue when the glock came out. Never owned one myself, but I get the appeal for others that don't like fine wine and fine women. (Small jab) All guns have there place or at least historically did. I'm not a collector but certainly appreciate those that are. I think most people dislike stems from some $10 hour gun store employee that thinks your an idiot and can't possible know more about guns than he does since he works in a gun store. But since I have to pick, a gun with a lock on it that won't fire.... Sounds like a trot line weight to me!

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not so much manufacturers, but the weird calibers don't appeal to me. I like guns in 22lr, 9mm, 45, 223, etc so I can get ammo off the shelf most places. I'm glad those choices are available to those that like them, they're just not for me.
Great Point! I once owned a sig pistol in .357sig. I really enjoyed the .357sig. Very accurate, a solid pop, and great velocity. It was fun to shoot. That being said, the ammo wasn’t readily available and pretty pricey. I’d like to try a 1911 in 10mm or 38super as people rave about them, but I’d be back in the same boat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom