What powder does this look like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Visual identification is super risky, with your fingers, eyes, and firearms frequently paying the bill. It “looks” like h110/296, and that charge weight is consistent with that type bullet in that caliber, but I would just toss it in the garden if I didn’t personally load them (or trust my life to the loader that did). But being a second, second hand, situation, time to fertilize the peppers and muscadines!

Last edited:

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pulled one more with pliers on the press. Wasn’t difficult but it ruined the bullet… would like to save them if I can.

Weighed the charge though on that one.. weighed at 21.0gr…
I use a collet type press mounted puller, doesn’t leave any marks I can see with a naked eye.
Agree with everyone else about unknown powder, it’s just not worth it.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pulled some 41mag bullets that a member gave me. Some of the boxes had load data on it but this box was unmarked so I’m definitely pulling them all. I think it’s h110 but not certain since I don’t use that powder.

Also need a better way to pull bullets that doesn’t damage the bullet. My Hornady hammer type has a difficult time… some of these were crimped pretty heavy. I only pulled 17 before I got tired of doing it. 6 of the cases had cracks so they pulled easily. The other 11 took awhile. Thought about getting a dedicated press for pulling bullets. Something I’m not going to mount to my workbench, seems like there’s a lot of force involved on press type pullers. View attachment 296045
Those magnums that use stuff this fine usually use H-110 or W-296 unless it's some kind of Ramshot stuff, if it was me I'd use it to help start my camp fire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom