What really burns my biscuits!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you need some security cameras!

We have some but they are a ways off and the resolution isn’t that great. I did get a call last year about the clubhouse door being open so I reviewed the footage and saw it was one of our members returning some items he had borrowed.
Just forgot to shut and lock the door.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I go out to the OKCGC to pick up brass or shoot, I am always picking up trash, beer bottles, emptying trash cans, getting the wildlife out of dumpsters, etc. Sadly we have members that think we should pick up after them because mommy always did. The idiots that shoot AR or AK pistols on handgun only ranges chap my butt too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The idiots that shoot AR or AK pistols on handgun only ranges chap my butt too.
We have that issue as well. We recently approved Pistol caliber carbines in the common pistol calibers to be used on the pistol bays. I guess the 5.56 folks think its ok for them too. I won't shoot my PCC Ruger .44 mag on the pistol bays because at close ranges it will damage steel.
I've seen the damage the 5.56 folks have caused to the cowboy action plates at the OKC Gun range. The steel they use isn't hardened because the rounds they shoot are incredibly slow, and don't require AR-500 steel.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have such an amazing facility with amenities that no other range in Oklahoma offers

LOL, The range I shoot at may give ya a run for the $$, The RO, is a bit of an a$$ so I'm told, there's AR 500 steel and paper targets and a pistol dueling tree, steel is always freshly painted.. I can get food or drink for Cheap, I'm kind of sweet on the server too.. It's never crowded and I've yet to run into any dumb a$$es.. I am required to pick up my brass and do occasional maintenance but it's no big deal since there's no dumb a$$es allowed..
:Heya:You got that scope mounted yet ?

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, The range I shoot at may give ya a run for the $$, The RO, is a bit of an a$$ so I'm told, there's AR 500 steel and paper targets and a pistol dueling tree, steel is always freshly painted.. I can get food or drink for Cheap, I'm kind of sweet on the server too.. It's never crowded and I've yet to run into any dumb a$$es.. I am required to pick up my brass and do occasional maintenance but it's no big deal since there's no dumb a$$es allowed..
:Heya:You got that scope mounted yet ?
Got it mounted and am waiting to get to the range. I'll have to find the velocity of .22 rimfire that agrees with the stadia lines at longer ranges. I've got everything from 1150 fps to 1465 fps ammo to choose from. What are your findings?

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got it mounted and am waiting to get to the range. I'll have to find the velocity of .22 rimfire that agrees with the stadia lines at longer ranges. I've got everything from 1150 fps to 1465 fps ammo to choose from. What are your findings?

Every round I have is HV and roughly 1260-1280 and zero'ed at 50.. Findings, the 12 yo grand daughter has multiple 3" steel gongs dancing at 50 and the hundred yd mark will usually bust a clay, haven't seen to many still days yet..

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. At our range in Ponca, we have to do maintenance on the target stands, etc and constantly buy lathes to hold targets and 2X4's because someone has shot them up even though we have the range rules with pictures of what not to do on ever range right at the firing line.
Evidently they are testing their "firepower" as they shoot the 2X4's and 4X4's off in 6" or so lengths all the way down to the target stands, then I have to bring the metal stands home and repair them, costing me hours of time I could spend doing something else and the club money that could be used to make range improvements.
After repeated requests in the monthly gun club newsletter I publish each month that each member receives in their email, there is still repeated damage doing the same thing. I've since realized I have to make the target stands pretty much pistol round proof, and have modified the design making them 2X heavier than they were before, but my workload has decreased.
4 of us spent almost 30 hours over the last couple of weeks cleaning and organizing the ranges where they don't look like trash pits.
We have such an amazing facility with amenities that no other range in Oklahoma offers and some still think they can trash it out with no respect for those that volunteer to clean it up. Amazing how some people are pigs.
Put cameras up for monitoring. Find the pigs and warn them. If it continues kick em out

Latest posts

Top Bottom