What Senator Tom Coburn Thinks Of The NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been struggling with the question of whether to renew my NRA membership when it comes up in a couple of months. In the meantime, I have bought life memberships in both the GOA and the Second Amendment Foundation. These two organizations get poo-pooed by the hardcore NRA members a lot, but instead of running them down, why not join up and make them as large as the NRA?

The NRA in some respects has become as much a business as it is a shooting organization. I have to question whether I still want to patronize them.

For the time being, my recommendation is to use your NRA ballot to vote these clowns out!

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wrote the NRA today and told them that if they do decide to endorse Harry Reid they will never see my membership dues again. As well, I would not support ANY of their sponsors. I then wrote Midway USA and told them the same. If the NRA backs Reid and Midway backs the NRA, then they don't need my business.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok,... am I the only person that understands the possible tactics behind an NRA endorsed Reid?

If Reid loses to Angle, the Democrats will still hold the majority which means a new Senate Majority leader. And the pool of candidates for SML is chuck full of anti gun, gun ban supporting douches. Just like chess, sometimes you gotta sacrifice a pawn to win the game.

And like GTG said, if you dont like the direction of the NRA,... just like the gubment, get in and change it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok,... am I the only person that understands the possible tactics behind an NRA endorsed Reid?

If Reid loses to Angle, the Democrats will still hold the majority which means a new Senate Majority leader. And the pool of candidates for SML is chuck full of anti gun, gun ban supporting douches. Just like chess, sometimes you gotta sacrifice a pawn to win the game.

And like GTG said, if you dont like the direction of the NRA,... just like the gubment, get in and change it.

When you lie down with dogs, you get fleas. I understand the tactic, but "I'm the NRA" and I don't want fleas! :mad:

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you lie down with dogs, you get fleas. I understand the tactic, but "I'm the NRA" and I don't want fleas! :mad:

I'm the NRA as well, but I dont think ditching my membership will fix anything. Not saying *I prefer Reid over a conservative who is also very pro gun*, just saying there *is* a big picture here.

Here's a rhetorical exercise, what would the response be if the NRA endorsed Angle, a new SML was appointed and 6 months later we were looking at another Gun Ban? Here again, I understand and agree with the fleas remark, but what is preferred as a gun owner/sportsman?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm the NRA as well, but I dont think ditching my membership will fix anything. Not saying *I prefer Reid over a conservative who is also very pro gun*, just saying there *is* a big picture here.

Here's a rhetorical exercise, what would the response be if the NRA endorsed Angle, a new SML was appointed and 6 months later we were looking at another Gun Ban? Here again, I understand and agree with the fleas remark, but what is preferred as a gun owner/sportsman?

How about they take a "neutral" stance on that race? They seem to be pretty good at that! :mad:

Latest posts

Top Bottom