What Senator Tom Coburn Thinks Of The NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panayoti01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
if my memory serves me correctly the NRA used the machine gun manufacturing ban as a bargaining chip. If we let you have the machine gun manufactruing ban will you leave our semi autos alone? that was in the early 90's i believe.

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand the politics on the Reid deal, as their issue is gun laws and not budget issues, though at this point in time I don't know that one is more important than the other. I despise Reid and if I were the NRA he would be on my hit list just because .....

I have been a long time member of the NRA, but I told them the last time I sent them money that if I get those stupid assed gifts and all that crap literature from them again they had my last check. The trash keeps rolling in, in spite of my efforts. I want my money spent on work protecting my rights to arms, not sending out cheap gifts.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO, if we want to continue to let our freedoms be recognized, to own for example, semi autos now, and ANY firearm in the near future, all gun owners and 2a Supporters NEED to join the NRA, the 2AF and the GOA.
We may not agree with everything hey do, but you don't want to cut off your nose to spite your own face....or in other words, throw the baby out with the bathwater.
:)

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a Benefactor Life Member of the NRA i plan on vote OUT CEO Wayne LaPierre.

I saw the video, of him on Meet the press, he got hammered by NBC’s David Gregory.

Also why didn't he call out David Gregory on the illegal 30-round gun magazine.

section in the D.C. criminal code says "no person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm." The section stipulates that "the term large capacity ammunition feeding device means a magazine," or similar devices.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need to be supporting the NRA - no way around that. The worry is that they are corruptible and will trade away our rights for the benefit of their organization and power.

We can't be blind to this and need to be engaged to let NRA leadership know our concerns and that we are closely watching everything they do. Maybe some of you long-time NRA members know best how to contact the leadership and share our concerns. As a new member I do not.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Support the NRA??? Are you serious??

The NRA gave the maximum amount allowed to support the re-election of Harry Reid.

The NRA, also known as the Negotiated Rights Association, is NO defender of the 2nd Amendment.

They will NOT get a penny from me.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And what about Harry Manchin being an A rated member of the NRA even though he is supporting the new AWB and the High cap mag ban. I am sickened with the stuff I am finding out about the NRA here lately. I am thinking about dropping my membership and supporting another organization. I think the NRA has turned into a greedy machine just like the fools in Washington. The leadership needs to go. And it seems like every few months the NRA sends me a letter telling me to join and I can get a free gift? I am already a paid member for the next 3 years yet they still send me those mailers like I ain't really a member. Now they don't even know who are members and who aren't? To me that is wrong. They should know something like that. And I just signed up to be a life member on their easy pay plan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom