What Senator Tom Coburn Thinks Of The NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it appears that the NRA is to gun owners what the AARP is to retired people. These organizations look out for their corporate interests first, as AARP did by supporting Obamacare. To hell with the membership as long as our nest is feathered.

JMO

LL

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And what about Harry Manchin being an A rated member of the NRA even though he is supporting the new AWB and the High cap mag ban.
That rating was based on his record up to the point that the rating was given. The next time the ratings are done, I can pretty much guarantee he won't receive an A rating.

Or are you expecting the folks at NRA-ILA to be clairvoyant?

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been struggling with the question of whether to renew my NRA membership when it comes up in a couple of months. In the meantime, I have bought life memberships in both the GOA and the Second Amendment Foundation. These two organizations get poo-pooed by the hardcore NRA members a lot, but instead of running them down, why not join up and make them as large as the NRA?

The NRA in some respects has become as much a business as it is a shooting organization. I have to question whether I still want to patronize them.
I'm a member of all 3. At this point, the NRA is our best bet. It is a lobbying organization that also has good social events to promote shooting disciplines. We may not agree with everything they do, but let us not cut off our nose to spite our own face. IMHO, this is not the time to point out their flaws, but to stand behind them as they lobby senators and congressmen of BOTH parties.
I think it's a mistake to think of 2A rights as being the domain of only republicans...if that were the case we would have lost the fight long ago. There are many liberal democrats as well who are pro 2A..like Harry Reid.
Who would we have as Senate President right now...a republican who did not give a darn about the NRa (like McCain) or Harry Reid who shows up at NRA events and shakes hands and is beholden to the NRA?
I just became a life member....again IMHO if it was not for the NRA, there would be an AWB ban already, and we would be looking at hanging onto our revolvers and single shots desperately.

Latest posts

Top Bottom