What shortages are you noticing, seeing or expecting to see.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, let's play a game....

Seems like a lot of times, you only see ahead if you are observant enough.

As I walk thru the local Wally World and other retailers, I am seeing more and more empty shelves and bare aisles.

We had the great toilet paper shortage last year and again this year.

I've seen these things in short supply or gone in the past, some are current:

hand sanitizer
disinfecting wipes
professional masks and gloves
Wipes
Ramen
bottled water
cereal
chlorine tablets
guns
ammo
magazines
peanut butter
some brands of soda
coins
cars/automobiles
car parts
repair parts for pumps and pool accessories
lumber
sheetrock
bicycles
Peanuts

What shortages are you noticing, seeing or expecting to see.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of it is related to inflation. Thanks joe.
We looked at selling MIL's car as she is in assisted living with no drivers license. Online pricing with all the bells and whistles gave us a price. Then we got a notification from Carmax that they would write us a check for 3K over what the actual value was.
The car dealerships around Ponca are almost bare. High end vehicles only on the lot.
We asked MIL about selling the car and she was adamant that wouldn't happen. She wants it parked right outside of her apartment.
It's her last vision of freedom I suppose. It won't start unless we are there to take her out in it. Trust me on that.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fully expect guns, ammo and gas to be in short supply and food prices to jump a lot.

For those of you in Edmond that eat cold cereal, Crest has some Special K in a cart at the back marked down to $1. Any time I go in a store, I look for bargains. It is how I retain my girlish figure. :P

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard copper is the highest price it’s ever been.

so I’m expecting electricity hardware will start to be in short supply.

I saw somewhere along the highway in okc that they’re paying $.70 for insulated copper wire. That’s wild.

Oh I also heard that the steel mills aren’t really manufacturing as much so suppliers are short on product.

Yeap, harder to find, much more expensive.

Oh, housing is a new shortage, last I checked there is a total of 4 homes for rent in mustang OK. I have a friend in Cali who is a realtor. She listed a house, had 22 offers within 24 hours, and closed on a deal before the first 24 hours was up. Similar story with my buddy who recently flipped a home, and a local realtor I know seems to have this happen on a regular basis now. Lots of people are getting desperate for homes, whether to buy or rent. I’ll be putting my house up for rent soon, so that we can move into the old lady’s rent house and fix it up. It’s looking like I’ll be able to pretty much name my price on renting my place.
I’ve also heard PVC is having manufacturing problems, and there’s a worldwide shortage of acetone. I think the two are related.

there’s also a huge shortage of microchips and boards, which is a big reason for the car supply issues, as well as computer part issues.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard copper is the highest price it’s ever been.

so I’m expecting electricity hardware will start to be in short supply.
Some breakers (sq d 1p20s I think) were a 40k piece back order last I needed one.

for me I need a couple 1.5” led pool light assemblies. Looks like they will be OOS for quite some time

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
High-capacity hard drives are higher than the guy in the back of Willie Nelson's tour bus while Snoop Dogg is visiting.

I bought 20 14TB drives for $249ea. back in early March. I just bought five of the same drive for $489ea. last week because they were quantity-limited, so that's all I could order. I bought five more this week, and they were up to $499ea.

Yeah, in two and a half months, they've increased in price by more than 100% while simultaneously becoming harder to get. So, yay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom