What shortages are you noticing, seeing or expecting to see.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Elevator parts. One of the elevators in the Arts District parking lot downtown Okc, has been down for a month or more now.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right now my only main shortage issue is trying to find parts for an old discontinued Thompson Center muzzleloader. You know the kind, the ones that they sold back in the 80s with that "Lifetime Warranty". Ha.

I am currently using a spring out of a ball point pen inside the rear sight. It works, but man is that a cornbread fix after a notorious sproing incident. And, what kind of idiot puts a spring inside a rear sight when the later models have a simple worm screw for adjustment.?

For TC factory and aftermarket products get a hold of Ed Kirkpatrick of Ed's Contenders in OKC......he's more into the Encores and Contenders (you wouldn't believe his inventory) but I have seen the occasional muzzle loader in his shop so I'm not sure if he'd have just the spring but he may have a complete rear sight assy.

Ed is good people but in all honesty he's not all that good about returning calls or answering emails......just keeping calling, any day and any time of the day, till he actually answers the phone 405-879-0879.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For TC factory and aftermarket products get a hold of Ed Kirkpatrick of Ed's Contenders in OKC......he's more into the Encores and Contenders (you wouldn't believe his inventory) but I have seen the occasional muzzle loader in his shop so I'm not sure if he'd have just the spring but he may have a complete rear sight assy.

Ed is good people but in all honesty he's not all that good about returning calls or answering emails......just keeping calling, any day and any time of the day, till he actually answers the phone 405-879-0879.

Thanks for that contact. I have looked everywhere for some thimble and rib screws I need. I am thinking about replacing this whole sight with something else from TC anyway so maybe he might know something that would fit. I actually bought an Uncle Mike's sling swivel set on ebay for 10 bucks just to get a thimble screw it had in the kit, so I got one of the 4 I need. lol

Last edited:

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We sell trailers (cargo, utility, car/equip haulers, dumps, concessions).
I should have 80-100 units for sale most times.
There's about 12 on our lot for sale currently.

Manufacturers don't have the manpower for production.
No one wants to work.

Special order a trailer today, you'll get it sometime in 2022.
Price? I'll know after the trailer is completed.

Anytime we get a load of cargo trailers, they sell in a day.
Prices have gone up about 50-75% due to steel and wood on all units.

Now we see component shortages such as axles, jacks, tires, AC's, etc.

But I can sleep comfortably knowing that there are no more mean tweets or hurtful words from the orange man.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect there will be a food shortage associated with the fuel shortage and politics. . The more I read the more I am of the thought that the Covid 19 could have been a political weapon and if they would do that, there is no end to what the politicians will do. Be assured that they will have everything they need...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/hard-drive-ssd-shortages-imminent-if-new-cryptocurrency-blooms
You can think crypto idiots stocking up for a new crypto that isn’t even being mined yet.
I just checked, and the SSDs we use are quantity-limited, but they're actually $10ea. cheaper than when I bought them back in February. Unfortunately, SSDs can't touch the capacities we need (yesterday I shipped almost 15TB of data to our CR office), so we're stuck using spin drives.

The irony of it is that those 14TB drives are backups, so they get filled, then just sit in storage hoping never to be used again...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to upgrade to an SSD or a new hard drive. My current HD is in the process of failing.
Do it now, before it fails. Crucial and Samsung both give you software to clone your existing drive, so it's super easy, and Samsung's 870 Evo is $115 at Amazon. If you're using a laptop you might need a USB adapter to use for the cloning process, but those are cheap--if you buy directly from Crucial (their direct prices are usually the same as their prices at Amazon), they'll even sell you a kit with everything you need for the process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom