What shortages are you noticing, seeing or expecting to see.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elevator parts. One of the elevators in the Arts District parking lot downtown Okc, has been down for a month or more now.
Where I used to work, we had an elevator down for a few months, but that was because there were no longer parts available for it (it was built in '74 or so), so they had to basically build a new elevator in the existing shaft.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect there will be a food shortage associated with the fuel shortage and politics. . The more I read the more I am of the thought that the Covid 19 could have been a political weapon and if they would do that, there is no end to what the politicians will do. Be assured that they will have everything they need...

Well the left openly stole a election, even said they were going to do it, they now surround the capital building with a wall and military troops to protect them for WE THE PEOPLE, who elect them to office.

So we have seen the corruption and just how deep the swamp really is and the monsters we never thought of that dwell there.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What’s the going price for scrap brass? I have a five gallon bucket almost full of brass not suitable for reloading.
Good luck finding a place to take it. The metal recyclers around Tulsa won't take it. Reportedly, someone included live rounds in a bucket of brass and some of the recycler's employees got hurt when it got processed (or maybe the equipment got damaged; I forget), so they stopped taking brass completely.

My brother ran into this problem when he was cleaning up the place he bought a few years ago. He ended up with at least one 5 gallon bucket full of empty, corroded brass (we had fun throwing the few live rounds (also badly corroded) into the fire), and had a hard time getting rid of it. Come to think of it, I'm not sure how he did get finally rid of it...

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One item I am not seeing shortages of or even price increases is drywall, everything else is thru the roof, 1-1/8 T&G subfloor, $135 per sheet. 23/32 CDX plywood $80 2x4 studs, $8 and the one that gets me 7/16 osb $50.35 per sheet.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are getting ready to sell MIL's home in Broken Arrow in her behalf as she is in assisted living. We had to tell the realtor to shut down because we don't want to sell before the estate sale. Being in the right school district with a cheap HOA draws a lot of interest.

I know you are probably aware of it but do not give them an asking price. Your the owners. Tell them you want them to make offers. I know 3 different people who have sold homes in the last 3 weeks that advertised with a price. All 3 homes were resold within 2 weeks. 1 for a profit of $12,500. Another for a profit of $30,000 and the last one got sold for $87,500 over the asking price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are getting ready to sell MIL's home in Broken Arrow in her behalf as she is in assisted living. We had to tell the realtor to shut down because we don't want to sell before the estate sale. Being in the right school district with a cheap HOA draws a lot of interest.
This market is white hot right now. I've been looking in the Tulsa area, and it's rare for anything to sit on the market for more than a few days without a "pending" marker going on it. I saw an ad for a burned-out hulk in Tulsa (IIRC, north of the BA, but south of 244) that had a $30K tag on it. My brother knows some people who put their house on the market and had eight offers over asking by the end of the day, including one that was $40K(!) over the asking price with a contingency they would pay that much even if the appraisal didn't come out that high.

I'm thinkin' the offer wasn't the only thing that was high, but hey, it's not my money.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I know you are probably aware of it but do not give them an asking price. Your the owners. Tell them you want them to make offers. I know 3 different people who have sold homes in the last 3 weeks that advertised with a price. All 3 homes were resold within 2 weeks. 1 for a profit of $12,500. Another for a profit of $30,000 and the last one got sold for $87,500 over the asking price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ouch! Somebody's making bank!

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, let's play a game....

Seems like a lot of times, you only see ahead if you are observant enough.

As I walk thru the local Wally World and other retailers, I am seeing more and more empty shelves and bare aisles.

We had the great toilet paper shortage last year and again this year.

I've seen these things in short supply or gone in the past, some are current:

hand sanitizer
disinfecting wipes
professional masks and gloves
Wipes
Ramen
bottled water
cereal
chlorine tablets
guns
ammo
magazines
peanut butter
some brands of soda
coins
cars/automobiles
car parts
repair parts for pumps and pool accessories
lumber
sheetrock
bicycles
Peanuts

What shortages are you noticing, seeing or expecting to see.

Shortages on foreign manufactured heavy equipment parts as well as some domestic heavy equipment parts....a bulldozer, trackhoe or tractor is useless if its broke down and repair parts are not available.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We sell trailers (cargo, utility, car/equip haulers, dumps, concessions).
I should have 80-100 units for sale most times.
There's about 12 on our lot for sale currently.

Manufacturers don't have the manpower for production.
No one wants to work.

Special order a trailer today, you'll get it sometime in 2022.
Price? I'll know after the trailer is completed.

Anytime we get a load of cargo trailers, they sell in a day.
Prices have gone up about 50-75% due to steel and wood on all units.

Now we see component shortages such as axles, jacks, tires, AC's, etc.

But I can sleep comfortably knowing that there are no more mean tweets or hurtful words from the orange man.
I've heard this from a couple places. Always curious who is on OSA. Good chance I'm one of those who calls couple times a week looking for one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom