What shortages are you noticing, seeing or expecting to see.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This market is white hot right now. I've been looking in the Tulsa area, and it's rare for anything to sit on the market for more than a few days without a "pending" marker going on it. I saw an ad for a burned-out hulk in Tulsa (IIRC, north of the BA, but south of 244) that had a $30K tag on it. My brother knows some people who put their house on the market and had eight offers over asking by the end of the day, including one that was $40K(!) over the asking price with a contingency they would pay that much even if the appraisal didn't come out that high.

I'm thinkin' the offer wasn't the only thing that was high, but hey, it's not my money.

If you look on Zillow there is usually 14k+ homes for sale. There is currently about 900 and most of them are over $500k.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do it now, before it fails. Crucial and Samsung both give you software to clone your existing drive, so it's super easy, and Samsung's 870 Evo is $115 at Amazon. If you're using a laptop you might need a USB adapter to use for the cloning process, but those are cheap--if you buy directly from Crucial (their direct prices are usually the same as their prices at Amazon), they'll even sell you a kit with everything you need for the process.
Actually I'm thinking of buying a new laptop equipped with SSD.
I get Vet pricing at the online PX store. There are some Acer on there with 8 gig of ram, and 128 gig of SSD memory for $329.
The only thing I do on the laptop is browse a couple of gun forums and check email. Order from Amazon on occasion. Keep a few dozen pics, but most are in the cloud.
90% of the time I"m on my phone.
I'm thinking this would satisfy my laptop requirements.
Comments?
My current Acer has lasted 5 years now. Works much better than the wifes expensive Dell with a whole lot more bells and whistles until this HD issue started. Takes 10 minutes or longer to get online with speed about like a sick turtle. It finally starts speeding up.
If I stop typing for 30 seconds or so, it locks up for about a minute, then back to work. When first getting online I get the 100% HD usage warning.
I've seen that is a windows 10 thing. Spent many evenings deleting files, blah blah according to YouTube fixes, but it never fixes it permanently.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know 3 different people who have sold homes in the last 3 weeks that advertised with a price. All 3 homes were resold within 2 weeks. 1 for a profit of $12,500. Another for a profit of $30,000 and the last one got sold for $87,500 over the asking price.

Wow.... just WOW.

I'm in the wrong business.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get Vet pricing at the online PX store. There are some Acer on there with 8 gig of ram, and 128 gig of SSD memory for $329.
The only thing I do on the laptop is browse a couple of gun forums and check email. Order from Amazon on occasion. Keep a few dozen pics, but most are in the cloud.
You're not really asking much of a computer with what you're doing, so pretty much any new laptop will do the job. The one thing I might change is the size of the SSD; 128GB is a bare minimum, and it shouldn't cost much to jump up to 256GB, 500GB, or even 1TB.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loaves of bread are being shorted of slices, chip bags are shorted, burgers are losing weight next thing ya know grain weight is going to be cut and a projectile won't make it to the fence line..

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still waiting for that mag shortage to kick in. I feel really smart for stocking up on ammo, not so much for the big box of pmags I bought.

That's weird that mags are still not in short supply.
Maybe most that were in the obama shortage bought too many? Don't know.
I saw a large dip in supply earlier last year, but it only lasted a month or so. Now it’s only specific magazines, for example, mini30 large capacity OEM mags are hens teeth.
Elevator parts. One of the elevators in the Arts District parking lot downtown Okc, has been down for a month or more now.
That makes sense, the parking garage elevator at the VA hospital hasn’t worked for the past year, and it’s only 2 years old if I remember correctly.

Good luck finding a place to take it. The metal recyclers around Tulsa won't take it. Reportedly, someone included live rounds in a bucket of brass and some of the recycler's employees got hurt when it got processed (or maybe the equipment got damaged; I forget), so they stopped taking brass completely.

My brother ran into this problem when he was cleaning up the place he bought a few years ago. He ended up with at least one 5 gallon bucket full of empty, corroded brass (we had fun throwing the few live rounds (also badly corroded) into the fire), and had a hard time getting rid of it. Come to think of it, I'm not sure how he did get finally rid of it...

melting point is only 1700 degrees, could always melt everything down into ingots or something before taking it in.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of crazy house stuff, I saw down in Texas a $1,000,000 home sold for full asking, plus $300,000 cash on top. Supposedly they had some stiff competition too, with other offers close to theirs.
If I can sell my home for an extra 30% of my inflated asking price, I just might do it. Was gonna rent it out, as we’re moving to the old lady’s rent house to fix it up and save for some land, but selling sounds pretty tempting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom