What size gun do you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

full size or pocket pistol

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know that there has been a lot of debate about the smaller caliber rounds the their effectiveness in self defense situations. I don’t think there is any doubt that .45 would be better than a .380 when you life is on the line. The problem I run into is that I am usually wearing dress cloths and I am not able to conceal anything larger then my LCP . 380. I figure that I would rather have a .380 then nothing at all. Ideally I would keep a 45 in my center console of my car and my LCP in my pocket, but the way I understand it. The CC license only allows you to have one firearm in your position at a time.

I was completely unaware of the one firearm at a time??? Where did you see this???

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the day/dress code for the occasion. Most of the time it is a duty sized weapon or midsize. On occasion I pocket carry my .380. Hardly ever carry them both at the same time.

sky428

T2 Armory
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Saddlebum" sent me a PM and let me know that there is not limit on the number of firearms we can carry with the permit. Thank you the information. I was exempt from the ccw class due to my cleet training but I sat in on the class when I had my wife go through it last year. During that class the instructor told all the students that they could only have one loaded gun at a time and that a second firearm would be could be treated just like haveing the weapon without a carry license. I just assumed that was true. Now after looking through the Self Defense Act laws I cant find anything that says how many we can carry. Some poeple online are saying that at one paoint the law said only one, but I can't find anyonw who can actually confirm that. For the past 10 years I have been limiting myself to one, but now I am going to keep my HK USP in the center console and my LCP in my pocket. Thanks again for correcting me!

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger SR9c most of the time but I just picked up another LCP for those times I don't wanna put jeans and my crossbreed on. Plus in the summer I prefer a pocket pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom