What slugs do you shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyAn007

Marksman
Reaction score
I shoot Brenneke KO's through my Winch, Federal cheapies and Remington Peters just for shooting around at the range if need be, although I have heard great things about the Fiocchi Aero's.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
these
acroneandbearit.files.wordpress.com_2009_05_large_slug2.jpg

;)

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im suprised no one has mentioned Lightfields

I have shot Lightfield Hybred EXP's for the past few years with great results. With my spoce and rifled barrel combo I get 2" group at 100 yards and Im not a very good shot. And when they connect they are devistating.

I tried federal barnes slugs earlier this year with horrible results. I have heard that guns and barrels are very particular about ammo and obviously those folks were right. Im shooting them out of a moss 500 with 24" rifled barrel.

I have heard rave reviews about remington's new sugs that have the green plasitc tip. Some guys that I chatted with while hunting down at Ft. Sill thought they were great. I need to pick up a few boxes and give them a whirl.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dusting off an oldie here...

I'm going to dip my toes into shotgun hunting this fall. I've purchased a Marlin 512 Slugmaster from a guy on GB but haven't picked it up yet. Before winning the auction however I ordered some slugs that were well reviewed. I had thought I'd be using them in an old smoothbore I have laying around but now that I have a rifled barrel coming I'm wondering if I should purchase some sabots. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
49841.jpeg

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gonna take a trip in the way back machine here. Back when they were available, I bought several cases of Lightfields. Still have about a case or so left to this day. Best shooting sabot I ever ran across.

Latest posts

Top Bottom