what spare part do you bring to comps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well at least Curly is better than Jesse who brings a "little rod oil"......eeeewwwwwoooouuu.

At majr matches I bring either Benny Hill, or Ty Gentry or Kelly Neal, or My good amigos Mike Pinto and Javier. Between us all we got the stuff to keep each other running without extra weight wich is better spent on Scotch and Beer.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
with MrT its "little oiled rod"

I knew that post'd flush you out, wassup?, Keurt!
you doing your part to keep the "range" oil flowin? see ya soon.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Life is good! Big Dale is coming over Monday w/ a couple of his Dept. of Interior guys and we are going to do an impromptu Rifle class. They have been doing B.I.A. work over in Riverton so it will be great to see someone from down home. I love shooting gubmint ammo!! see ya around the 5-6. be good! Kurt

shootingbuff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1[

QUOTE=GlockCop;1265985]A spare gun. In all seriousness I have never needed anything but more magazines for my Glock. An extra trigger spring might be a good addition to your range bag.[/QUOTE]

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont like to watch from the sidelines, no matter the reason.

Exactly! If you're just shooting club matches, get a trigger spring and some FO rod and you'll be fine. However, if you're spending $150 on a match fee, $90 on a hotel room, 3 days of vacation time, and $50-100 in gas to get to the match, it's not that big of a deal to bring a second gun or enough parts that you'll be covered for any contingency. It's all about what you stand to lose if you don't have the parts you may(or may never) need.

Aldrin44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I shoot major matches or anyplace that I have to travel for more than 2 hours or so, Ill bring a spare gun.

If I were shooting a glock Id make a little parts baggie with a recoil guide rod assembly, a trigger return spring, a spare stock front sight, some fiber optic for my sight, and every small part for the top end, including a spare striker assembly.
A known, working trigger bar and connector assembly is nice to have. Since thats very close to what Robbie said, you might as well spend the extra $20-30 or so and get everything.

I dont like to watch from the sidelines, no matter the reason.

I agree with all of this. I broke an aftermarket trigger bar in a match a few months ago. Even though home was only 20 mins away, it was a huge ordeal to drive there, get another gun and drive back in time for the next stage. If I would have had the correct spare part I could have replaced the trigger bar and been back running in just a few minutes. Sometimes the "most likely thing to break" is not the thing that actually breaks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom