What the heck have I done???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the big shuffle has begun. I was not at all set up to have a big sturdy table somewhere so I gotta reconfigure some rooms for this. Moved a safe, some taxidermy, shelves, furniture and all that jazz to try and get this set up and reasonable. I still gotta do a bunch of organizing but most of the big stuff is in place now and I can set the bench up in its new home.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna agree with MP on the powder check. They just aren't necessary. I've found that you can run the Dillon measure (and most others) even with a flake powder like Clays down to the very last full throw and still get accurate throws all the way to that last full one. And by then the powder measure looks empty and has for several rounds. Nobody lets them get that low and you can easily see the powder in the hopper so why bother? They are just something to spend more money on and fiddle with and give you basically nothing in return for the station they take up. I prefer to stick a Lyman M die in there to facilitate bullet seating. If you are loading a LOT of rounds with an auto drive maybe it'd be different. I did use a Hornady powder cop die for awhile, but I don't even bother with that anymore.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://reloadinginnovations.com/collections/dillon-1050/products/dillon-1050-press-lighting-kit
ordered a lighting kit for my 1050 today, hopefully it’s as good as it looks
CC025464-4BC6-4962-A0DC-BDC7728C0172.png

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started kinda putting it together and got to the bullet tray. For some reason it doesnt seem to want to line up the way I think it should and seemed to be running into the case feeder arm. Then I realized I DONT NEED THAT THING, I forgot I ordered the bullet feeder. I'll just get everything else set up and wait on the bullet feeder to show.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started kinda putting it together and got to the bullet tray. For some reason it doesnt seem to want to line up the way I think it should and seemed to be running into the case feeder arm. Then I realized I DONT NEED THAT THING, I forgot I ordered the bullet feeder. I'll just get everything else set up and wait on the bullet feeder to show.

Order a spare parts kit for it. Swap the part and call Dillon for a replacement. It’s a time saver. The indexing ring is the most fragile part IMO. Might buy a second one of those.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr Bullet Feeder showed up today...still waiting on the case feeder though. Bullet feeder mounts to the case feeder so production is still being held up.
I got station 1 and 2 set. I guess I will skip station 3 for now and finish out setting 4 and 5 in the meantime.
Slowly but surely getting there.

I still think I need this to be quite a bit higher than it is for ideal ergonomics. Even with the Strong Mount I have to lean over a good amount on the down stroke and I'd think that would get tiresome pretty quick. I think ideally you should stand straight up for the whole process and work it from the same position.

Latest posts

Top Bottom