What to do with a couple newer chest freezers that need repair?

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One about 5-6yrs old, the other about 2. One cools but won't freeze and the other has power but won't cool at all. I was thinking of seeing how much to repair the smaller of the two and keep it as a spare (I got a new upright recently). But I wanted to ask what you all would do. Maybe someone on this board buys and sells used appliances or something and would be interested in buying them for a fair price parts or repair?

Anyway, I didn't want to post them since they are not in full working order and I figured there would be some creative ideas on how to get rid of them (or fix). I do have a working washing machine though that is from the 2000's if anyone interested (traditional kind with the agitator and not the new woke kind).

Thx fellas
find a nice ravine, blow big holes in them with guns

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tannerite
NO!!!
You wouldn’t believe how much insulation is in those walls to clean up on a 103* day with no wind.
Don’t ask me how I know……

my suggestion if you fish is to make a worm bed, or a minnow tank.
If you throw big parties, get barn wood to sheath it making a big ice chest. I’ve actually seen this. Very nice.
Make it a into a mulch bed. Use a pitchfork to stir the contents around.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A dead freezer also works great in the garage for paint storage. The insulation in it will keep the paint from freezing in the winter. Just drill a hole and hang a drop light in it. A 60w incandescent bulb will keep it above freezing.

Top Bottom