What to do with excess venison?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any use anymore for anything other than the tenderloin and don't want to be wasteful. I hunt in Seminole, OK. I've heard of programs to deliver venison to charitable organizations.

Do such exist in Seminole?

thnx

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weird. Excess venison? Who knew such an animal existed?

I’ll take what you don’t want.

Seriously, I’d call around to some of the charities in the area. Or perhaps, call ODWC and see if they have something like Hunters for the Hungry or other org that will take it. I think most may want the hide still on though so that the know how it’s “state” and how it’s processed since they don’t know your hygiene practice or kitchen/processing cleanliness. Not knocking yours, just in general.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah,
If you are harvesting deer just for the little tenderloins, & not wanting to use the backstrap & rump roasts too,
That is being wasteful. There is sooo much good meat on the rest of that deer.

Let someone else like me hunt in your place & I'll give you the tenderloins & gladly make use of the rest of the animal.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any use anymore for anything other than the tenderloin and don't want to be wasteful. I hunt in Seminole, OK. I've heard of programs to deliver venison to charitable organizations.

thnx
There‘s actually a thread on this board in the hunting section for donating deer, but years ago, I donated a couple to Hunters for the Hungry program.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score

thnx
I'm sure that some members here may be more than happy to take it off your hands. I know I would as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom