What to do with this blower case?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any chance someone can tell me what it is from? Biggest marking is 71009-7 on the bottom in big numbers, there's several much smaller numbers in different areas and I couldn't find any brand markings.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any chance someone can tell me what it is from? Biggest marking is 71009-7 on the bottom in big numbers, there's several much smaller numbers in different areas and I couldn't find any brand markings.
GMC blowers were denoted 3-71, 4-71, 6-71, and 8-71, with the first number repesenting the number of cylinders the blower fed, and the second number being the size of each such cylinder in cubic inches (71 c.i.). For example, a 6-71 blower would be used on a 6 cylinder diesel engine, with 71 c.i. per cylinder, or 426 c.i. total. Cases were physically larger for each size blower. It appears you have an unmodified GMC blower for one of the company's numerous diesel engines. Best I can do....

Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, I have one of John Forces old Kieth Black 500ci Nitro blocks that had been welded up for its last time. It has a chunk missing off the lower back side side where a rod got out at the finish line. It has a 22x28 inch piece of glass on it sitting beside my lazy boy in the living room to put my drink glass on. It is amazing how long it takes some visitors to actually notice it is an "odd" piece of "furniture".

Surely someone can come up with something unique enough for your blower case that would fit you. Never throw anything away. Ha Ha Good Luck.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Not trying to be a smart-azz, ...but could you ask your friend?
(The friend where you got it)

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I couldn't find any good info on 71009-7. So maybe post the other (smaller) info from the casing.

Or just make it a manly side table, with a plexi-glass top and custom recesses for drinks (or remote controls).

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grabbed this from my buddy scrap pile. It seemed too cool to just throw away but I have no idea what to do with it. Anybody got any creative ideas on what to do with this other than the obvious in building a land speed record salt flat race car with it?

View attachment 293271
Paint it and make a planter box for it. Only if it is not useable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom