what was the name of the car dealership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These are the reasons I don't go to dealerships. One time in my life have I bought from a car lot, although I've shopped 'em a few times. I NEVER tell them what I do and I don't put up with their bullspit, either. They start that chummy chummy crap or talking down to me (I would go in wearing plain old clothes, shorts and T-shirt), I just leave. It's not worth my time or BP to argue or fight.

I'm sure I'll do it again at some point some day, but I sure don't look forward to the experience.
When we buy from a dealership new or used, I get a written quote from the dealer, copy and paste it to every dealership in OK, KS, Missouri and where ever. Every one has an internet sales person.
I get quotes and use the lowest one to send out again to the other dealers. When they all start dropping out I know I've reached their sale point and seal the deal.
I walk into a dealership to spec out a vehicle with a printed copy, and walk out later down the road when the vehicle is ready to drive off the lot.
Make the car lots deal with each other not against the buyer.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I do some research and tell them on the phone what I’ll buy it for. The most recent car I bought was easily my best deal ever. In and out in 30 minutes. Juan at Eskridge Honda is great to work with if looking for a new Honda or any of their used inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This will be different than what others have posted. My last visit to a dealership to look around was pleasant. I was not pressured, I was not asked for my keys, and was treated like a real human. The place is worth the drive in my opinion. It is Doug Gray Chevy in Elk City, Oklahoma. They are not like other dealerships and do not charge a rip off fee otherwise known as a "doc fee."

That is added profit for the owner. That's all it is.

You can tell them you aren't going to pay it, and most of them will lower the price of the car a corresponding amount, but the "doc fee" still will be put on your invoice. That goes into the pocket of the owner of the dealership, without any grease coming off to pay administrative or commission fees. Most seasoned sales guys won't screw with you over a doc fee.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
David Stanley is the new king of lowlifes. Followed by huidiberg. Who I believe changed their name

Totally with you on David Stanley, they can eat a you-know-what.

Had a great experience at Fowler Dodge though...should've gone there first.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do some research and tell them on the phone what I’ll buy it for. The most recent car I bought was easily my best deal ever. In and out in 30 minutes. Juan at Eskridge Honda is great to work with if looking for a new Honda or any of their used inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not contradicting you, cause you're a good dude, but; if you're in the market for a new Honda Automobile, you gotta at least call the guy in Bartlesville. I bought new there a couple years ago, and everyone I talked to said he won't jack around with ya. See if he's got what you want on the lot and if he does he will beat the next closest price by several thousand dollars, and you won't even have to give the guy a price to beat, he'll just do it. That was certainly my experience. Yeah, it's a long drive to Bartlesville, but if you're gonna give me a couple three grand to drive it, I'll drive it twice a day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom