what was the name of the car dealership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This will be different than what others have posted. My last visit to a dealership to look around was pleasant. I was not pressured, I was not asked for my keys, and was treated like a real human. The place is worth the drive in my opinion. It is Doug Gray Chevy in Elk City, Oklahoma. They are not like other dealerships and do not charge a rip off fee otherwise known as a "doc fee."

Small town.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The internet has changed the car business. A good friend that owned a used car lot and a consultant for small dealerships was as good and honest as anyone could be. ( He died unexpectedly last January) He said the internet cost him about $200k a year but he adapted. He often spoke about how much he disliked sleazy dealers and saw no good reason to do business like that.

My last purchase was a very good experience with Bill Knight Ford in Stillwater. Although, I did get a call from them a few weeks back telling me they had a buyer looking for my exact pickup and could I bring it in. Sounded very fishy. You can't sling a dead cat without hitting a truck like mine.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Linn Hickey advertised buy a new truck & get $500. live the good life. Bought a new dodge pickup some time latter still had not received the $500. Walked into dealership . Sales man said well Mr. how you doing . I said , I aint living the good life & I want my $500. After some cussing & threats they came up with the $500. Can be verified by my son inlaw .

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can add Seth Wadley Ford in Pauls Valley to sleaze ball list. Liars will tell you anything to make a sale. I tried my best to get my granddaughter to sue them.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have purchased one new vehicle in my life. That was in 1981. I bought a new Chevy truck at a dealer near downtown OKC and I can't for the life of me remember the name of the place.

It wasn't a bad experience overall but I did have to drag the salesman in and out of the rain for eight hours to get the deal I wanted.

I was only at Lynn Hickey Dodge one time and that was to help a friend retrieve his truck. I told the sales manager to call the police. He asked why. I told him he was going to need them to pull me off of him if he didn't turn over the keys. He found the keys post haste.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't stand the sales pitch that keeps you in the chair for at least an hour. That's the one for the extended warranty, a money maker for the dealership. Last time I bought a car I told them I wasn't going to buy the warranty but they said they had to give the sales pitch beause they were required to by the management. The very next time I buy a car I'm going to tell them I'm not buying and if I have to go through the sales pitch on the extended warranty I'll back out of the sale. And I'll put that next to my signature on the contract to buy.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had too many bad experiences in my life to go waste my time on a car lot. Bought a new truck this summer, did everything online. Selection, trade & banking. Didn't hit the lot until it was time to drop my trade and pick up the new ride.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m what the car salesmen would probably call a m$#@er f@#$&ing c@#k sucking son of a b@#ch. When they approach me I’m blatantly honest with them and begin with “no you can not help me. No you are not getting my name or phone number. Get away from me now. I want to talk to the owner or manager”.
I would go with my dad when I was little and he would act like a deaf mute. He’d grab random paper work off of anyone’s desk and start scribbling down what he wanted to say. He would make the salesmen stand up straight with arms at their side as if standing at attention. Told them it was the only way he could read their lips. This would go on for the better part of a hour.
I’d get so embarrassed but it was all worth it because when we would be leaving he’d holler “have a good day” to them. The looks on their faces was priceless.
I buy our ranch trucks outright usually with my bank and without dealer financing. I always tell the owner/manager that our time is precious and there is no need in waisting a bunch of it haggling around. I’m upfront with them and tell them If you want to sell a truck I want their out the door cash price and if I don’t like it I’m gone.
Can’t stand sitting at a desk while some goon goes back and forth to the bosses office bringing back a new number.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Car dealers have been like COVID before I ever heard of COVID.
Feel like wearing a full hazmat suit to set foot on the lot and then get down to my natural born self and scrub all over with bleach the second I step off the property.
That is the one thing we can both agree on.

City Chevrolet on Reno is gone and I would very much like to think I had a hand in bringing it down.
I loved their service department especially for fleet vehicles. Their electrical guy was a freakin genius. He had his own back yard Tesla coil he used to frighten the neighbors.

My story
I was shopping for a truck for my son and was just getting off work. I stopped by their used car lot on the way home and looked at a truck the owner just dropped off. It had almost new tires and a new oil change because I checked it. I even saw the guy drive it on the lot and leave in his new truck. I talked to a gentleman salesman who was really nice and we discussed the truck and a possible price which I wrote on the back of his card. and he initialled it. Brought my son back to look at the truck about 20 minutes later. The gentleman was gone and a shyster took his place. Not saying anything about being their previously I talked to him about the truck. It was $2,000 more that previously discussed. He told me he had just got it today and they had put all new tires on it, changed the oils, put new fender swells and mudflaps on and a new grill guard. He wrote down the price and I grabbed the paper.

I stood up and with three other people in the room including the sales manager called him a liar. You sir are a liar. You see, I was in here about an hour ago when that truck came in. I looked at the manager and told him to point me to your general manager.
I took the gentleman's card with me and MR manager and I had a discussion. I told him I viewed used car salesmen right below whale dung in the Atlantic Trench but my first encounter was a nice one giving me pause to reflect upon previous misgivings followed by my reaffirmation from salesman number two. However they are a necessary evil and you occasionally have to deal with them. I explained what had happened and he assured me the salesman would be dealt with. Within 6 months they were gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom