What will you shoot your deer with this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are not all carried to the stand, only one at a time. :)

GUN DOG, this is the load that I am shooting in my 250 Savage Ackley Improved -

CASE: W-W 250 Savage / fireformed in my chamber

PRIMER: Federal Gold Medal Match

POWDER: IMR-4350 / 45.2 gr.

BULLET: Sierra 90 gr. B.T.-H.P. Game King / bullet is seated .007 into the rifling

VELOCITY: 3,262 fps.

ACCURACY: average accuracy for 3-shot groups at 200 yds. 5/8"...

COMMENTS: this is the most consistently accurate load out of this rifle...

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i haven't tried that powder and bullet I'll get some and work it up. Im not happy with my stock so I'm going to replace that as well and start over

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it’s looking like there may be an outside chance I’ll get to come up this weekend!!!:hyper:

I haven’t hunted OK rifle season since 2009, and I’m pretty excited but am mentally prepared for it not to work out.:anyone:

That being said, if I do get to hunt, my weapon of choice will be a Blaser R93 Professional in 270 Win topped with a rail mount Swarovski Z6i 1.7-10 using handloaded 150 gr ammo.:thumb:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, it’s looking like there may be an outside chance I’ll get to come up this weekend!!!:hyper:

I haven’t hunted OK rifle season since 2009, and I’m pretty excited but am mentally prepared for it not to work out.:anyone:

That being said, if I do get to hunt, my weapon of choice will be a Blaser R93 Professional in 270 Win topped with a rail mount Swarovski Z6i 1.7-10 using handloaded 150 gr ammo.:thumb:

Interesting, I saw one for sale about a month ago and was just reading a couple of days ago that they'd stopped production of the R93.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting, I saw one for sale about a month ago and was just reading a couple of days ago that they'd stopped production of the R93.

Yes, the current model is the R8, but in my opinion, the R8 doesn’t offer any real improvement over the R93 to justify “upgrading”. I’ve had mine at least 10 years and am pretty heavily vested in it financially, and it’s a blistering tack driver.:50cal:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, the current model is the R8, but in my opinion, the R8 doesn’t offer any real improvement over the R93 to justify “upgrading”. I’ve had mine at least 10 years and am pretty heavily vested in it financially, and it’s a blistering tack driver.:50cal:

Yeah beautiful rifles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom