What with all the choppers in Norman?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live under the flight path for landing at Will Rogers for North to South landings, in at Kajr Hefner. Most days every day I hear the training jets from Enid and Wichita Falls as often as 5 minutes apart. Most of the time they’re shooting approaches, landings are rare.
I think TUL is a popular spot for touch and go landings.
Military air ports airbases always have alternate places nearby set up as emergency divergent locations and will also use them regularly to shoot approaches. Always training training training

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live under the flight path for landing at Will Rogers for North to South landings, in at Kajr Hefner. Most days every day I hear the training jets from Enid and Wichita Falls as often as 5 minutes apart. Most of the time they’re shooting approaches, landings are rare.

Military air ports airbases always have alternate places nearby set up as emergency divergent locations and will also use them regularly to shoot approaches. Always training training training
Every landing at a civilian airport, even a touch n go, costs money and the government is billed.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve noticed T-38s flying over my house in Blanchard. Flightradar24 says they’re coming from Vance in Enid and Sheppard in Wichita Falls Tx.
We must live close. When the wind is from the north they make their last turn to final directly over my house. I've tried to get cell phone video but those little lawn darts are hella fast! To the north I've seen helicopters in train heading towards Norman. They looked like Blackhawks so I don't think they were headed to the National Guard Unit in Lexington. They only have Chinooks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom