What with all the choppers in Norman?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been seeing AWACS landing at TUL frequently here lately. And, the other night at work I heard a fighter jet take off, I work just north of the airport. Usually they don't fly at night, that I know of.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bingo! Our local airport fuel supplier gets gov contracts to refuel helicopters. They like flying to Ponca because the Mexican Restaurant at the airport is pretty danged good.
A friend of mine is a blackhawk pilot. They fly out of Lexington and the Ponca city Mexican food is a regular trip for those guys.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Myself and others I know have noticed since January there have been a LOT of military planes and choppers flying over that otherwise you would rarely see. Figured it has to do with what's going on with Ukraine. But over the last couple weeks, it has been a lot of Cobras and Apaches landing and taking off from seemingly the Norman airport. I was just curious if that is the case, why they go there when I've never seen that in the past.
Training for war.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Training for war.
Oh I definitely figured it was related to that. I just wondered why they were going to a municipal airport. I mean why wouldn't the gov't want to send the rest of our conservative alphas over to another foreign meat grinder now that they got rid of the ones that didn't want to take the vax? I mean nothing would help the American middle class more than a new war.

I am absolutely against the invasion, but I doubt any of those over there would come to our aide if the situation were reversed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom