What with all the cops on I-35/235???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just seems like more officers around. OKC hasnt had an increase in staffing for around 20 years even though the city has grown a great deal.
I dont even look at someone for speeding until they are at least 15 over, everyone does 5-10 over. EVERYONE. Most folks that have a clean driving record leave my stops with the same. Its not a "revenue stream", its a cold, harsh reminder to do the speed limit like you should.
And most of those officers that you see speeding...they are trying to keep up with the call volume of the 4th or 5th largest city in the nation speaking in square miles. (640ish)
Not making excuses here, just another perspective.

What an awesome post...God Bless you sir...we have a realist on patrol.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you vote for 0bama??? If so you are fullfilling the stereotype of the totalitarian "authorities"...LOL. You know I laughed when I saw the cops beating down the OWS scum, especially in Oakland...but those people were anarchists...wait until the kid spits or sets dumpster on fire...but taking a picture was not a good enough reason for the assault...IT HURTS OUR CAUSE and gives the liberals something to whine about...it sways the public's opinion on police brutality,etc...you must know this? Just like that nut in Missouri saying the now famous "legitimate rape" comments...I am against abortion but people like that guy HURT the pro-life cause because it gives people like Bill Maher and Jon Steward show material....

:clap3:

There ya go ... I've been put in my place. :rolleyes2

So, you think the OHP officer was "brutal" but you "laughed when the cops were beating down the OWS scum"??

And you can't tell the difference in a elected official's serious personal belief about "legitimate rape" and Bill Maher and Jon Stewart making fun of said politician??

Mmmmmm-kay ...

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you have no way of knowing this but officers are fully aware of the cost of tickets these days. Last time the bond schedule was revised (upward I might add, and by your handy-dandy elected officials, NOT the officers on the street) several officers I know personally simply stopped writing tickets for all but the most egregious offenders. Why? Because police officers realize that those types of fees do nothing but take money off the tables of folks who work hard and generally don't have it to spare. So, you may indeed be right about it being all about revenue, but you are blaming the wrong folks. It's about revenue to the elected officials out there, not to the officers on the street.

I'm not saying there aren't speed traps out there. I'm not saying that there aren't some officers are Grade A, card-carrying assholes who spend their entire day trying to figure out how to make John Q. Public miserable and abuse their power. (And those officers need to be dealt with harshly.) I'm saying that the vast majority of officers are NOT that way. The vast majority of them want to see you get to work and back home again safely and in one piece.

And I'd like to know how you know that "90% of the time if I see a patrol car sharing the road with me but not going to a hot call"?? I'm married to a JBT and I can't tell where or why an officer is doing what he is doing simply by watching him drive his car ...

If you read back, I blamed law makers several times :) And I have no way of knowing in every case, but there are plenty of times I have driven behind a patrol car on the HWY who was doing say 10 over, and saw them exit and pull into a 7-11 or place to eat, etc...you know it and I know it...they speed when not in route to a call, just not as bad :)

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:clap3:

There ya go ... I've been put in my place. :rolleyes2

So, you think the OHP officer was "brutal" but you "laughed when the cops were beating down the OWS scum"??

And you can't tell the difference in a elected official's serious personal belief about "legitimate rape" and Bill Maher and Jon Stewart making fun of said politician??

Mmmmmm-kay ...

You may not know this, but you and I are in fact on the same side. Also, I do not recall saying the Trooper was brutal? If so, it was a mistake on my part. I CAN tell the guy's personal opinion on abortion...but I'm telling you the court of public opinion matters...How many votes do you think Romney would lose if this video was broadcast widely? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q6brMrFw0E

My point is, sometimes it is best to not say or do anything unless it is absolutely necessary because when you are in the public spotlight (like the cops and politicians are), less sophisticated people can easily be swayed to or from supporting you and hence your cause...so everytime a police officer abuses his authority, or walks the line like this guy did, it makes legitimate actions taken by the cops seem less-legitimate to the uninformed public...hence it "hurts your cause".

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may not know this, but you and I are in fact on the same side. Also, I do not recall saying the Trooper was brutal? If so, it was a mistake on my part. I CAN tell the guy's personal opinion on abortion...but I'm telling you the court of public opinion matters...How many votes do you think Romney would lose if this video was broadcast widely? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q6brMrFw0E

My point is, sometimes it is best to not say or do anything unless it is absolutely necessary because when you are in the public spotlight (like the cops and politicians are), less sophisticated people can easily be swayed to or from supporting you and hence your cause...so everytime a police officer abuses his authority, or walks the line like this guy did, it makes legitimate actions taken by the cops seem less-legitimate to the uninformed public...hence it "hurts your cause".

I'm not sure we are on the same side. One of the reasons law enforcement has the problems they have now are because brass and elected officials are so afraid of offending someone's delicate sensibilities that they will throw the street cop under the bus to save a vote or apease some group of folks because they are "special".

I've not got much use for political correctness, or thinking that someone owes me an explanation of their actions, simply because I take it upon myself to assume that they are doing something illegal. However, YMMV ...

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you read back, I blamed law makers several times :) And I have no way of knowing in every case, but there are plenty of times I have driven behind a patrol car on the HWY who was doing say 10 over, and saw them exit and pull into a 7-11 or place to eat, etc...you know it and I know it...they speed when not in route to a call, just not as bad :)

I love it when they are going over the limit in the left lane. I usually pull in behind and follow, it's like the parting of the red sea, smooth sailing down the interstate. ;)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love it when they are going over the limit in the left lane. I usually pull in behind and follow, it's like the parting of the red sea, smooth sailing down the interstate. ;)

Me, too!! And I have no problem passing an officer whose driving at or right under the limit. My cruise control's set ... what do I care?? Folks look at you like you've lost your mind, though ... :D

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the OHP does seem very professional most of the time. I remember there was one Oklahoma trooper that was always on "Real stories of the HWY Patrol" that was exemplary. I laughed when I saw him in person at Graham's one time with a few others in uniform talking to hot chicks LOL. At the time, I did not blame him, I was young and jealous. I am on the fence I guess...I like law and order but not abuse of power. I am against the OWS movement, but barring my politcal beliefs, stuff like this in the vid below sorta of hurts the cause of law and order. This Trooper clearly lost his cool and although I still side with him because those people LIKE to provoke the cops, I think training dictates more cool than this guy showed. It was not necessary to destroy that guy's phone, period. It was not RIGHT in his face. But this is sorta like the Jerome Earsland case, if the punk had not been there doing that, he'd still have a phone. I am able to see both sides :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lYb-on9LG0

The Trooper videoing the kid was one of my firearms instructors for CLEET, the OHP that snapped well it happens from time to time with EVERYONE so let bygones be bygones, not the chick next to my instructer...She's HOT!! Im gonna have to call the LT and get some intel about her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom