What would happen if China trade goes away?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
And steel. We send them raw ore and they make our steel. About the dumbest thing in the world. The EPA puts regs on our manufacturers to the point that they can’t operate at a price level that is affordable. The whole thing is a delicate balance.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my local auto parts store showed me his weekly stock orders from the last few months. each page was mostly backorders that continue for weeks and eventually just get cancelled. he is slowly running out of everything. so i agree====it is already happening. even the harbor freight company has items running low. but on a more domestic note----i still have plenty of bull shitt for everyone

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not so much about production leaving as it is knowledge. In 5-10 years people in the US won't have a clue "how to" manufacture anything. I'm talking building from raw materials, not assembly of China pieces.
The same with oil and gas production. Few people understand the whole process. Could end up in the same scenario as manufacturing.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just think about this for a while. What would happen to the U.S. if China decided to slow down the shipment of parts they alone manufacture?

Appliance parts, automotive parts, construction materials, electronic chips, electrical cables, electrical parts, tools, manufacturing machine parts, aircraft parts?

The list is endless.

Would the U.S. realize their dilemma and start to manufacture these again? Would they just sit back and wait thinking they might start back up again later?
Mutually assured destruction. We both would lose big time.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just think about this for a while. What would happen to the U.S. if China decided to slow down the shipment of parts they alone manufacture?

Appliance parts, automotive parts, construction materials, electronic chips, electrical cables, electrical parts, tools, manufacturing machine parts, aircraft parts?

The list is endless.

Would the U.S. realize their dilemma and start to manufacture these again? Would they just sit back and wait thinking they might start back up again later?
Would never happen with the current crop of dems at the helm..... The company I work for builds custom auto wheels. up until two years ago 100% came from china. Under Trump we were able to get two foundries up and running here in the US and now build as many as we can here....But thats a drop in the bucket of what we need. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom