What would happen if China trade goes away?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just think about this for a while. What would happen to the U.S. if China decided to slow down the shipment of parts they alone manufacture?

Appliance parts, automotive parts, construction materials, electronic chips, electrical cables, electrical parts, tools, manufacturing machine parts, aircraft parts?

The list is endless.

Would the U.S. realize their dilemma and start to manufacture these again? Would they just sit back and wait thinking they might start back up again later?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Short term panic, lots of new friends.
Funny. For some time I’ve thought that just being able to fix common things and keep them running might end up being extremely valuable. I’ve also noticed that when you learn a bit, you’re then able to understand what actual professionals are saying and you learn much more quickly.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny. For some time I’ve thought that just being able to fix common things and keep them running might end up being extremely valuable. I’ve also noticed that when you learn a bit, you’re then able to understand what actual professionals are saying and you learn much more quickly.

I also mean that many other countries would love to spool up production of certain items for the worlds largest consumer base if China can't or won't.

We'd be short for a few months, but I'm sure someone would love to take their place.

One door closes, many others open.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just think about this for a while. What would happen to the U.S. if China decided to slow down the shipment of parts they alone manufacture?

Appliance parts, automotive parts, construction materials, electronic chips, electrical cables, electrical parts, tools, manufacturing machine parts, aircraft parts?

The list is endless.

Would the U.S. realize their dilemma and start to manufacture these again? Would they just sit back and wait thinking they might start back up again later?
Alot of the food and nutrition chemicals comes from China, much of it we don’t even make in the US anymore. Something as basic as Citric Acid they supply 40% of our demand in an average year (this isn’t an average year and you cant get a damn thing shipped here on time or budget) so citric acid has tripled this year. But products like Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamins, amino acids, I dont know the exact number but I’m not sure the U.S. could supply 20% do demand on those products. We seem to have let all of the nasty production process’ move to china. Ace-K, Sucralose, Sodium Sacharin, they dominate those too. It’s not just manufactured products and parts they are a huge part of the food and nutrition supply here in the United States which should scare the hell out of everyone. They make 90% of our fireworks now, I wont even shoot them I mean if you think about it they could taint our fireworks supply with a poison and pathogen they could wipe out every most cities in the US in a single night and we wouldnt know until we start dropping dead the following week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom