What would happen if China trade goes away?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
For what ? do you have a civil or criminal code in mind ?
yes, they all employ illegal labor. literally, every one of them. that's a start.

I am not so sure it was the corporations as much as our government policies. I mean every public corporation is tasked with one thing and that is profitable return and when our policies encourage such things they will cut costs by moving to cheaper labor anywhere another large issue is EPA compliance some of the manufacturing moved because environmental compliance in the U.S. is cost prohibitive. I suspect China has some seriously polluted place much like we used to have as a result.
again, if a business is willing to use slave labor overseas instead of paying americans, whether the argument is profit or not, is a bad thing.
cheap labor is bad. a race to the bottom is bad. paying paco and his friends instead of americans is bad.

we had an entire generation get rich by making small businesses exploit illegal labor. it wasn't just wall street; it was main street. and the "well i couldn't afford to pay anyone else" is a cop out. if you can't afford to pay employees you shouldn't have a business. every construction company. every roofing company. go ahead and say "those are hard jobs nobody else will do!" that's bs. the owners of those corrupt companies pay those guys because they can throw them in a dumpster when they get injured instead of being legally responsible.

somehow we went from single income labor job providing for an entire family to multiple incomes just to cover the basics. i'm sure the 40,000,000 people who aren't supposed to be here and the all the factory jobs leaving america had *something* to do with it.
you can't blame government regulations when every company from Wal-Mart to the local grocery store is paying illegal immigrants.
we have laws they won't enforce; why would the regulations stop anyone?
again, it's a cop out to pay for illegal labor and screw over america.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I think Trump got duped on the whole vaccine deal by Fauci, his cronies and big pharma stating they could have a vaccine quickly that works soon to end the virus. Then it was changed to slow it down the virus, now it is changed to help make the symptoms less, AND now it has changed to have be renewed every few months. I have 3 friends who have come down with Covid within 3-4 months of taking shots, so they do not work for everyone. They were treated with drugs that cured them within 3-4 days like the ones who are curing the unvaccinated within 3-4 days. I just think Trump got bad information.
Now, no, not going to reply to anything further on the virus part here that has destroyed many small businesses.

I do think Trump was doing the right thing by getting businesses back to the USA, not doing it drastically fast to disrupt the China and the world economy, but slowly building us back closer to being self sufficient and again a world superpower where we might could self sustain if needed and not be totally dependent on China.
What businesses did he get back from China ?

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Short term - very uncomfortable.

Long term - exactly what needs to happen.

We need manufacturing base here to thrive. We need to rely on U.S. products. We need to distance ourselves from "throwaway goods" (washers, TVs, mowers) and build stuff that lasts and can be repaired.

Americans as a whole are hooked on cheap and disposable goods. Of course American have become hooked on a lot of comfort that has turned us into a nation of sissies to be mocked by other nations.

As long as there are supposedly "pro-America" gun guys posting crap articles criticizing Nationalism, we haven't gone deep enough in the hole to start digging out.
This!!!

Endure the disruption in order to heal and survive over the long term. Good post!

I’d say “full employment” would be an immediate outcome too... but for the fed’s ignorance in slowing labor’s return to something other than Starbucks and our relearning and retooling.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Baling wire isn't metric? All my life I've been told it was. Now i have to reprogram myself.
Wire comes in gauges, which is Imperial.
No need to reprogram, just gotta order special metric baling wire from Japan, and a proprietary Denso brand baling wire tool.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just think about this for a while. What would happen to the U.S. if China decided to slow down the shipment of parts they alone manufacture?

Appliance parts, automotive parts, construction materials, electronic chips, electrical cables, electrical parts, tools, manufacturing machine parts, aircraft parts?

The list is endless.

Would the U.S. realize their dilemma and start to manufacture these again? Would they just sit back and wait thinking they might start back up again later?
The old saying , never put all your eggs in one basket, got to be old, by being true!

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just think about this for a while. What would happen to the U.S. if China decided to slow down the shipment of parts they alone manufacture?

Appliance parts, automotive parts, construction materials, electronic chips, electrical cables, electrical parts, tools, manufacturing machine parts, aircraft parts?

The list is endless.

Would the U.S. realize their dilemma and start to manufacture these again? Would they just sit back and wait thinking they might start back up again later?
You do realize this is happening right now, literally right now and we are doing and nothing and will do nothing about it.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And China can easily do "Phase II" and slow down or stop production here in the USA. Have you ever seen a list of what China owns in the good old USA? Not just a lot of properties but a big list of businesses eithor all or parts of that we deal with on a day to day basis including major food producers, manufacturing facilities for appliances and many other products, oil companies, entertainment industries, and financial services. Most likely a much bigger list than most people are aware of.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We haven't done it to ourselves, our politicians have done it to us. We may vote for a conservative but the college trained liberals vote for a liberal and this is what we get. China isn't stupid, they make things for our war machines and if they suddenly halt and decide hat now would be a good time to hammer us, we'd be in deep, deep trouble. Thank you Bill Clinton, Obama, compromised Biden and others who fit the bill.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And China can easily do "Phase II" and slow down or stop production here in the USA. Have you ever seen a list of what China owns in the good old USA? Not just a lot of properties but a big list of businesses eithor all or parts of that we deal with on a day to day basis including major food producers, manufacturing facilities for appliances and many other products, oil companies, entertainment industries, and financial services. Most likely a much bigger list than most people are aware of.
Just a few companies :

GE Appliances
Smithfield Foods
AMC Enter
Terex
Ingraham Micro
Starwood Hotels
Legedary Entertainment
Motorola Mobility

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom