What Would Stoner Do 2020

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have never heard of this project. I guess they started with the first version in 2017 and now have a newer version that is going to be carried by Brownell's.

https://www.brownells.com/guntech/wwsd2020/detail.htm?lid=17958

I'm not sure what to think of the polymer lower, grip, and stock all in one piece but they might be onto something here with a lightweight (and pricey) alternative to the original design.

Last edited:

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think Stoner, Garand, Kalashnikov and Browning would all build something pretty cool that had little to do with previous designs. My guess is they would wonder why there has been so little progress made since.

Seriously folks, it's Jan 2020. I don't want a plastic lower or another 1911, I want my Star Wars Blaster and Jet Pack.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pre-orderd a stripped lower on 1/21/2020. It arrived on Christmas Eve and the last needed part arrived today. We don't have a functional scale in the house at the moment, but this thing is pretty light weight.

QC on the lower is very good, but not perfect. At this point I have no complaints about the lower itself. The need to order a proprietary selector was a bit annoying, but understandable. You can probably use a standard selector, but it would be nearly impossible to remove without damaging the receiver. The pivot and takedown pins and selector detent pin are also non-standard, but a set is included with the receiver. Cutting the receiver for a PDQ bolt release was a lot easier than doing the job on an aluminum lower - a lot less messy as well. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get it out to a range.

KE Arms posted regular updates during the R&D process. It was neat to see it take shape. It was also nice to know that they were making progress.

Highlights of the build:
KE Arms KP-15 polymer lower with integrated grip and stock.
Faxon 16" Gunner Profile AR15 Barrel, 556 Nato w/ Integral Slim Flash Hider, 1:8 twist
Rise Armament Rave 140 trigger
Teal Blue Bravo PDQ Ambi-Bolt Release
KE Arms KP-15 Optimized Ambidextrous Selector 90°/45°

Bushnell Lil P prism sight
No-name hand guard and QD mounts.

WWSDa01SM.jpg

WWSDa02SM.jpg

WWSDa03SM.jpg

WWSDa04SM.jpg

WWSDa05SM.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom