What Would Yo Do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a job opportunity with a national company I found online and have electronically sent my resume to them. From what I have seen and heard it is a good job driving a route and picking up and delivering stuff.

The business is here in town and I have one question, how much does the job pay.
I have called the business but get the electronic "we're glad you called and you are important to us here are your options. Out of 8 options, NOBODY answers their phone.

I called their job assistance line and got Bangladesh and I could not understand her at all. I finally got through to her all I wanted was to know how much the job paid. She could not help me with that information. Some job assistance!

I have heard back from them but only via email and it is a (no reply) email. They want me to go to a third party website and answer the same questions that were on the application then an audio interview. This is not an oral interview.

At this point I'm not interested if what I have experienced is how they do business.

WWYD?

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The business is here in town and I have one question, how much does the job pay.
Go to the business. If you can't get answers there, I'd start looking elsewhere. They may be stringing along a bunch of applicants, hoping to find the perfect employee, or they may have already hired someone.
:drunk2:

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The process you have seen is not unusual, especially for large companies. You will have to jump through their hoops if you are interested in the job. It’s unlikely that anyone at the local branch will be able, or willing, to answer any questions, everything will be handled by central hr. If they haven’t already posted the pay scale, it’s very unlikely they will tell you until they make a offer. Your best bet to get a feel for pay would be to see if you can get in contact with one of their existing drivers. Personally, I would say if the job sounds interesting, follow through. Unfortunately, this bs is the rule these days.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah employers now days dont look at you as a person or your character all they look at is what you put down on paper, back when i was working we went thru so many employees that looked good on paper but wasnt worth a flip in person or their work ethics and when my boss would do a interveiw with the person and say he wouldnt workout Hr would hire them anyway cause they looked good on paper. It finally got to the point he wouldnt even do interveiws just tell Hr to hire whoever they wanted cause they didnt listen anyway.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm trying to find something to assist with the bills that I can physically do. My back and hands and my heart condition won't let me do really physical labor anymore. If I could find a troubleshooting test bench job, QC, or something like that I'd be fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom