What Would You Do In This Situation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friends and I tried something after a mass shooting. We, being brilliant 20 somethings, were discussing what to do. Then “armed“ one of us with a nerf dart gun to test our theories. We found it’s really hard to aim and hit anything if everyone grabs anything useful near them and throws it at the “gunman” while advancing. You start ducking and dodging very quickly. Can’t imagine if we started chunking books, or anything heavy. A tennis ball to the nose hurt bad enough, and the eye watering alone did me in.
Actually good advice to practice something like this. Pretty smart IMHO.
One never knows the correct reaction because every situation is fluid and dynamic in its own right, and every person reacts differently. It's good to get some real time experience like you guys did. (My smily's quit working for some reason or I'd give it one.)

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually good advice to practice something like this. Pretty smart IMHO.
One never knows the correct reaction because every situation is fluid and dynamic in its own right, and every person reacts differently. It's good to get some real time experience like you guys did. (My smily's quit working for some reason or I'd give it one.)
Mike Tyson, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friends and I tried something after a mass shooting. We, being brilliant 20 somethings, were discussing what to do. Then “armed“ one of us with a nerf dart gun to test our theories. We found it’s really hard to aim and hit anything if everyone grabs anything useful near them and throws it at the “gunman” while advancing. You start ducking and dodging very quickly. Can’t imagine if we started chunking books, or anything heavy. A tennis ball to the nose hurt bad enough, and the eye watering alone did me in.
Part of the ADD training video we had to watch once a quarter at Walmart. ADD stands for "Avoid, Deny, Defend." I called it "Run, Hide, Throw things."

Latest posts

Top Bottom