What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you do?

• Try to find a job in the same field where you could use your knowledge without the physical part

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Train for a new field

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Park down by the river and put a 124 gr jhp through your brain pan

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
28 hours till the unemployment line
I was going to wait until I read more about your situation to try to add something pertinent. But does what I quoted mean the company you work for all of a sudden came to you and said you have X amount of days and then you're fired? The reason being because you can't do the job you were hired to do anymore?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to your local Express Personnel office and talk with them about your skills and interests. I hired several good employees through them, and have talked to many retired guys that wanted to get back to work. They do a good job.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know how you feel, I have always enjoyed hard work and didn't really have to work hard by I through some perverted thought process enjoyed seeing a job to competition.
But these bodies aren't machines-and even machines breakdown however, we can replace them but can't replace the human body we've worked so hard to destroy. Now that I'm older I have arthritis in nearly every joint in my body and some medicines used to alleviate Rthritic paid play havoc on the old kidneys.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that whole scenario didnt exactly sneak up on ya. Gotta have an exit plan.
Get to studying the CDL test.
Couple months ago was diagnosed ulcerative colitis wasn't much of a problem during the winter but since the hot weather hit can't seem to stay hydrated. Passing out, getting sick etc. So company says we need x amount of calls out of you and no longer feel you can keep that pace without putting your health at risk . So here I am

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've thought about this as well. After 29 years in the cops & robbers bizness, I am COMPLETELY disenchanted with this bullsheet. I'm sick of the uniform, the beechin' people, the stupid long night hours - everything! But, I've done this job for so long, I don't know what else to do. :anyone:

I thought about going to work at O'Reilly's or somewhere, but I'd still hafta wear a stupid uniform and deal with beechin' people. :grumble:

Latest posts

Top Bottom