What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you do?

• Try to find a job in the same field where you could use your knowledge without the physical part

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Train for a new field

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Park down by the river and put a 124 gr jhp through your brain pan

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are good at fixing things my job is looking for a maintenance person. Mainly be fixing welding leads and pneumatic tools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you have been doing hvac work, take the OKC boiler operators test.You can work on stuff inside the building.Changing bearings,belts and shafts on air handlers.Much better than crawling around in attics on a 100 degree day.Also take the state boilers test for low and high pressure boilers.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple months ago was diagnosed ulcerative colitis wasn't much of a problem during the winter but since the hot weather hit can't seem to stay hydrated. Passing out, getting sick etc. So company says we need x amount of calls out of you and no longer feel you can keep that pace without putting your health at risk . So here I am
Yep, I got the same diagnosis last October. Just left my doctor's office as a matter of fact.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might check with the OUHSC, (site support) they're always needing help. You can stand around all day and talk to the receptionists, secretaries and RNs in climate controlled buildings like the rest of em. Saaweet.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my Dad got fired from his job of 20+ years, he did a few things to get by and then when to truck driving school, was over the road for awhile and then got a good driving job with a local chain store, he loves it and is home everynight. He makes good money now. He's 64 now and still driving. Needless to say "starting over" is possible. You can PM me if you want any company names.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I talked to @LNeal he indicated they had a hard time keeping route drivers to pick up recycle material bundles. Good pay there. Also I know Ryerson Steel always needs route drivers...also good money.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made. Y career in education teaching to asst supt over 29 yrs. Had always loved cars so sold them for a while. Too dirty for me . Sold real estate for a few yrs . Lots of time required to be successful but I was and will always be proud of that. My point?? Get up every day thankful for what the past has provided you. You EARNED that. It is now time to take a chance. Try doing something you have always wanted to try. Put in the time necessary to be successful at it! That time will be your best friend. Life is what ever we CHOOSE to make it! Good Luck sir . Oh and if you will allow me I'll pray for you in this new challenge. PM me your name and I'll get you on a prayer list!

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I was in the Army, for 20 years, I always thought I would retire and do some sort of contracting. I really enjoy working with my hands. 20 years as a combat arms soldier took its toll on my body, I cannot do that sort of physical activity anymore. I decided that teaching is the same as building homes, I am just building minds.
Plan C for me was real estate sales.

Latest posts

Top Bottom