What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran across this story on another forum, guy is being chastised for shooting the tires. Wondering if this would be OK in Oklahoma or would the guy be in trouble.

about 8 pm last nite 2 pick-up trucks came up the lane [lane is 1 1/2 mile long] past house and barns never stopping going back to farm #2 [1 mile lane] wife and I got dressed and went back on the gator with a cab on it, cold and wendy, 38 pistol and 30-06 rifle, about 15 mins behind the trucks and runnin with no lights on found the trucks in a 20 ac field next to a creek throwing mud everywhere, only there is six trucks and two of them were stuck, 2 trucks trying to pull one out. we hide in a thicket about 50 yrds away with gator. watched for about 15 mins then shot the front tire out of the trucks that wernt stuck now kids are running round throughing beer cans and whisky bottles down in the creek, they hollered and said we are calling the law and they know the land owner I never said a word waited till they started trucks agin then we started the gator and shut the gates at twp rd and went home shutting the gate at back barn and letting the dogs out....went to do chores this morn about 6 am, 5 trucks stillthere 1 gone, didn't see anybody around so I called the sherriff was there over a hour doing chores nobody shoed up went home will deal with it later.....commin through barn lot [home farm] seen I had a calf, whata surprise about a month early....good way to start a new year

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, the guy was wrong.. If I was to go back 30+ years I might be one of those kids.. Matter of fact, A girl named Karen drove thru a barbed wire fence and we gathered in the pasture pondering what we were going to do.. When the farmer came with shotgun, no shots fired but they sure left an impression.. Course they also grabbed a tractor and pulled the girls car out.. Kids with alcohol don't always use their smarts.. Should have called the Sheriff and let them handle it.. Dumba$$ kids shouldn't make a dumba$$ firearms owner..

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with it. This is how kids learn.

No, how kids learn is to make them come back and fix the mess they made, when you have to face the people you wronged, and make it right, you will remember it.

Shooting at something amongst people is reckless, there was no justifiable reason to shoot at anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom