What would you throw in this EDC bag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think back about what I used to carry in my kit. Some things not mentioned yet:
Cheap plastic rain poncho
In colder months a mil field jacket liner. They compress and roll up into a small bundle in case you get caught out in the cold for longer then you expected for the coat you chose for the day.
If you carry a pistol daily, throw in a couple extra mags.
You said you have tools on your truck, but if you don't have one onboard, I like to have a 5 or 6 inch light fixed length knife.
Bag of beef jerky

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A flashlight or two
Spare batteries for said flashlights
A swiss army knife
A multitool
Notepad and pen
Hank or bandana
Bic lighter
Smal FAK
Wet Ones and hand sanitizer
Bottle of water
Small snack like granola bars, small containers of peanut butter
Paracord
Good pair of gloves

I'm sure I could go on and on
The only two things to add is on the pen, waterproof type pen for writing. Hate to have the rain or tears wash out your letter good bye. The other thing is change the bottle water to canned water. The can water typically last longer and doesn’t have the “micro plastics” of being stored in vehicle extended time. Also makes a handy impact weapon in combination with paracord.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude wipes are alcohol free, and make ones for your butt. Some contain eucalyptus or tea tree oil which both have antimicrobial properties. They leave you feeling minty fresh and "cool". Flushable wipes dont have alcohol either. Even if they didnt contain any disinfectant, a wet cloth is still better to wipe dirt, blood and stuff off you than a piece of toilet paper, if your main concern is to wipe up and not disinfect. TP doesnt hold up well when wet.
Loved your post! I'm picturing in my head, you being holed-up surrounded by zombies while you desperately try to defend yourself from them, and the last Earthly thought you have before you die is . . . 'at least my 'cool feeling', 'eucalyptus smelling' azz feels good 🤣🤣

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loved your post! I'm picturing in my head, you being holed-up surrounded by zombies while you desperately try to defend yourself from them, and the last Earthly thought you have before you die is . . . 'at least my 'cool feeling', 'eucalyptus smelling' azz feels good 🤣🤣

No one wants to be fighting off zombies in triple digit weather with itchy swamp ass. First rule of zombie land is cardio and you can’t do that when your ******* is burning and itching.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you put "cleaner" in the post he responded to. I think he thought that you meant a cleaner wipe, such as a hand sanitizer wipe
Meant that it’s cleaner than TP. Never said to use as a cleaner, that’s what the comma was for, as in It’s cleaner, can be used for… No one wants dingleberries or itchy ******* in the muggy OK summer:
I would fore go the TP and use Dude wipes or flushable wipes. Cleaner, can be used to clean your hands or blood if needed, packs flatter.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that I really want to weigh in on what y’all wipe your butthole with, but since we’ve devolved, I think my vote would be for adding witch hazel to a resealable pack of cloth-like wipes. Effectively a cheaper stronger version of tucks wipes that’ll stay together to scrub your hands with and sooth your poor Hemi, but contains enough alcohol to act as a disinfectant.

Alright, off to use a pinecone and regain some testicles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom