What would you throw in this EDC bag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check Costco.. they had them for sale but dont remember the price
I was in Costco in Wichita Ks today. Saw them but it a four pack. Each will filter 1000 gallons of water.
Can’t see myself ever needing to drink 4000 gallons of water so I’ll get two on Amazon. One for the wife and myself.
Besides…..beer is 96% water so I can get some of my daily water requirements from the can. :laugh6:

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would add a “skivies roll” this includes spare Socks, underwear and a tee shirt and is rolled up in a certain way so it takes very little room. I worked in the oil field for decades and all the mechanics carried spare socks, underwear and a tee shirt, in their truck all the time. First time you get sprayed with some obnoxious fluid or have to stand in water a change of socks and under garments is very nice.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in Costco in Wichita Ks today. Saw them but it a four pack. Each will filter 1000 gallons of water.
Can’t see myself ever needing to drink 4000 gallons of water so I’ll get two on Amazon. One for the wife and myself.
Besides…..beer is 96% water so I can get some of my daily water requirements from the can. :laugh6:
Do those have to be kept above freezing?

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do those have to be kept above freezing?
I have one myself once you use it and get water in it you can never get it all the way out so the fibers will freeze I haven’t ever used mine but if I did I would just an extra one for winter (edit) they do need back flushed before using so that’s something to think about

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I would add a “skivies roll” this includes spare Socks, underwear and a tee shirt and is rolled up in a certain way so it takes very little room. I worked in the oil field for decades and all the mechanics carried spare socks, underwear and a tee shirt, in their truck all the time. First time you get sprayed with some obnoxious fluid or have to stand in water a change of socks and under garments is very nice.

Yeah.. I’ve been there and done that. I am still in oil field and haven’t wisened up enough to throw an extra pair of those things in my truck.

A 48hr shift doing rig repair on a Drilling Rig really made me wish for an extra pair of socks one time. Hopefully this bag is big enough, I think I’ll throw a skivies roll in it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would throw in a holster for your Glock in case you had to wear it into a cafe and don't want to carry your bag.

I would add a cheap set of binoculars.

Last edited:

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
…..add a Small Hatchet or Tomahawk, Duct Tape or 90mph Tape, 1/4” Hex Bit Screwdriver and Bit Assortment, Water Pump Pliers Flat and Rat Tailed Bastard Files, Hacksaw Blades, Electronic Multimeter, and a Poncho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom